• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Really liking the Brown pick. He looks like he's going to surprise and will give the lakers good value at #34.

So who do you guys think should be the top priority? 

1. Gasol

2. Jordan

3. Aldridge

4. Love?

i'd try to sign Love. i think he has a tremendously complete game.

In todays NBA De'andre Jordan is your ideal big man. Defense, defense, defense. Athletic enough to guard the perimeter. Go small and you'll never get a rebound. Free Throws have been ugly but I can say watching the Clippers closely the past few seasons that it hasn't really cost them games. If anything it holds back Jordan's offensive game as an individual. He'll never develop back to the basket skills because he just gets hacked.   

Okafor's a much better athlete and defender than people are giving him credit for. Looking forward to how this plays out. I see Russells peak potential as a James Harden while Okafor's potential is Tim Duncan. One has a fistful of rings and the other will probably never win a ring, atleast not as a teams #1 player. I don't think Russell has the speed Harden has, I actually believe Russell to be a little slow for an NBA guard. Great passing ability, very bright and mature, but you gotta be able to drive and be a threat to drive for it to work in the NBA. He was fast enough in the Big 10 but I am skeptical about his NBA speed .

As I dug into the NBA drag over the past month I became real high on Okafor. I think the T'wolves liked him but were turned off by that he didn't want to get drafted by them and had no problem go with KAT. I honestly did not dream the Lakers would pass on Okafor, or so many people would love the pick.  Looking forward to how this all plays out. It should be a historic draft day one way or another. 

Flip Saunders liked him at first, but the rest of the front office convinced him that Towns was the better pick and more complete player. It had nothing to do with what Okafor wanted or didn't want.

In todays NBA De'andre Jordan is your ideal big man. Defense, defense, defense. Athletic enough to guard the perimeter. Go small and you'll never get a rebound. Free Throws have been ugly but I can say watching the Clippers closely the past few seasons that it hasn't really cost them games. If anything it holds back Jordan's offensive game as an individual. He'll never develop back to the basket skills because he just gets hacked.

Okafor's a much better athlete and defender than people are giving him credit for. Looking forward to how this plays out. I see Russells peak potential as a James Harden while Okafor's potential is Tim Duncan. One has a fistful of rings and the other will probably never win a ring, atleast not as a teams #1 player. I don't think Russell has the speed Harden has, I actually believe Russell to be a little slow for an NBA guard. Great passing ability, very bright and mature, but you gotta be able to drive and be a threat to drive for it to work in the NBA. He was fast enough in the Big 10 but I am skeptical about his NBA speed .

As I dug into the NBA drag over the past month I became real high on Okafor. I think the T'wolves liked him but were turned off by that he didn't want to get drafted by them and had no problem go with KAT. I honestly did not dream the Lakers would pass on Okafor, or so many people would love the pick. Looking forward to how this all plays out. It should be a historic draft day one way or another.

Okafor will NEVER be Tim Duncan. Not to sound like a jerk, but did you ever watch him play besides highlight videos? Edited by SoWhat

Only time will tell. I hope they made the right call, I don't know enough about either player to know that. If you ask me would I rather have the best point guard from the last 15 years or Tim Duncan that last 15 years I will take Duncan.

Okafor is no Duncan