• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

4 hours ago, nando714 said:

I really don’t mind the signings of Lance, RR, McGee, KCP

theyre all 1 year deals. Saving enough room for another max in a stacked 2019 FA class. Thompson, Leonard , Kemba, 

We have LAbron James! We have a better supporting cast than what he had in Cleveland this season and he took them to the finals. We drafted 2 solid shooters in the draft (moe, the guy from Kansas)

We are better than OKC, Utah, Denver, Portland why? Bc we have LAbron James. He will drastically make this team better the way it is now. This squad can make it to the WCF finals. The rockets are a Chris Paul injury (getting older and often injured) away from a huge piece missing. They will miss Ariza. Yes no one is better than GS at this point 

I hope the Cavs roster could stay the same so we can see how much not having James affects them. I bet they don’t win 40 games. 

He was injured and the Rockets were a shit 4th quarter and shooting slump away from the finals.

11 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Pretty disappointing that they gave KCP 12 mil but were unwilling to give Randle 18 for 2 years

Randle asked the Lakers to renounce his rights because he wasn't happy with what his role would be with the current makeup of the team 

53 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

He is as much of a canter as Draymond Green and Tristan Thompson are. There are very few traditional post up centers anymore

but we don't have guys like Seth, Klay and KD to stretch out the defense.

also, was Randle going to guard Boogie, Howard, Adams, Capela, etc ?

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Wonder what's going on regarding Capela.    Latest is the Lakers meeting with him on Saturday.

He is a restricted free agent.  So how will that work?  Houston can simply resign him since we don’t have a lot of money left.

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

He is a restricted free agent.  So how will that work?  Houston can simply resign him since we don’t have a lot of money left.

It will come down to how much Houston wants to pay him as they can match any offer;

and the Lakers either dealing Deng with one of the rotation guys and/or draft picks to totally add the $18 million to available cap space over the next two seasons,   or spreading out Deng's salary over 5 seasons and releasing him and adding some $10 million to available cap space over the next two seasons albeit subtracting some $8 million from available cap space over seasons 3-5.   

They'd need to trade Deng to afford the type of deal Capela will get.  If we stretch him over 5 years, that would free up 7+ million in cap space along with the 5 we already have.  New available cap space would be roughly 12 million +/-.  Houston would likely match a deal like that.  If we traded Deng with a player/picks, we free up the entire 18.5 Deng is due plus the 5 or so we already have for a new total of $23 million-ish.  If we offered a 4 year, $80 million deal, that would make it hurt Houston.  He'd be a nice get to combine with Lonzo, KCP, Ingram and Lebron this year, and Lonzo, Leonard, Ingram, Lebron next year.  Hart and Kuzma off the bench.

I'd be mildly surprised if Houston didn't match all offers, but maybe there's a breaking point.

What's crazy is Randle is younger and averages more points and rebounds and Lakers let him go for nothing.  Yeah I know, different system and team but still worth noting.  If the Lakers did sign Cap, they would have to stretch or trade Deng depending on the offer.  Is that better than just signing Randle with his bird rights??  I am still puzzled that Randle is gone.

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

What's crazy is Randle is younger and averages more points and rebounds and Lakers let him go for nothing.  Yeah I know, different system and team but still worth noting.  If the Lakers did sign Cap, they would have to stretch or trade Deng depending on the offer.  Is that better than just signing Randle with his bird rights??  I am still puzzled that Randle is gone.

It sounds like Randle would not fit into the style they would play with Lebron here.   Capela maybe fits it better?