• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

They were down big tonight, again poor shooting and too many turnovers.  But slowly battled back in the third quarter and eventually took down the Bulls.  Familiar theme with B.I. and Kuzma leading the offense, Lonzo grabbing double digit boards again.  Currently sitting in the #8 spot in the western conference.  And giving Philly the #17 pick in the 2018 draft.  Keep it up boys!

• 2 weeks later...

None of our guys have reached their ceiling, but we are getting glimpses of how studly some will become.  Brandon Ingram, while still having issues with consistently hitting his jumpers, is becoming a stud before our eyes.  Julius Randle is surprisingly our defensive anchor and has probably been our best defender this year.  That, combined with his huge increase in stamina, make him an absolute keeper.  Next, I hope he focuses on setting amazing picks.  We need to find a way to retain him moving forward.  Kuzma just needs a little more bulk/strength, otherwise he's fairly polished.  Lonzo just needs to get adjusted to the NBA three and develop a 10-15 foot pullup J.  Excited to see what we add to this core of youth this upcoming summer.

Too frequently, turnovers have killed them.  Other times, it's cold starts or leaving too many points at the line.  Sometimes, it's Luke's substitution patterns.  A lot of learning, immaturity (both players and coaching), and growth going on.  Still excited to watch the team but it's frustrating as we are in position to win games and aren't closing.  I suppose that's a good thing because if they sucked, it would just be depressing.  But I am expecting more because I see the potential.

And, yes, I agree with AO that a veteran free agent or two next summer will help immensely.  How would you feel about the below?:

Ball - George - Ingram - Kuzma - Cousins

Clarkson - Hart - (?) - Nance - Randle

*The small forward spot could be a drafted rookie, a cheap free agent (Corey Brewer) OR in the instance that Lebron and George come, you could play George a SG, Lebron at PF, and move Randle into the starting lineup at small-ball center.  Then Kuzma slides into the second unit a SF and you run Thomas Bryant and Zubac at backup center.  It's all good!

I think Randle can be like Draymond in Golden State.  He's our best defender at this point, switching onto smaller players while also guarding his own sized players well.  His struggle is with true centers who are agile, especially when Luke puts him on an island and sends no help.  But I think he could play 4 like you've said, and provide backup minutes to someone like Cousins.

Lonzo to Ingram, just like it was drawn up.    Solid road win against a VASTLY improved Sixers team.    Speaking of which, the Sixers finally gave up on former lottery pick (3rd overall) Okafor, trading him away for meh return. 

Wondering if Clarkson may become expendable in the next year, as he doesn't seem to fit in with the team concept. 

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Lonzo to Ingram, just like it was drawn up.    Solid road win against a VASTLY improved Sixers team.    Speaking of which, the Sixers finally gave up on former lottery pick (3rd overall) Okafor, trading him away for meh return. 

Wondering if Clarkson may become expendable in the next year, as he doesn't seem to fit in with the team concept. 

I was telling my youngest last night that as of now, I would rather package Clarkson with Dueng and keep Randle.

I also noticed that Ball had four blocks.  He leads all PG's in blocks this year.

Also look at the starting line up:

Ball - R - 20 years old

Pope - 4yrs - 24 years old

Lopez - - 29 years old (not impressed so far, thoroughly disappointed)

Ingram - 2nd year - 20 years old

Nance - 2nd year - 24 years old

Randle - 3rd year - 23 years old

Kuzma - R - 22 y.o.

Clarkson - 3rd year - 25 y.o.

This team will have a very bright future....

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that when it happened, and was extremely happy that he took that shot and how sweet his form looked.  We seriously need to get a free-throw shooting expert in to work with this team.  They leave too many points (and, consequently, wins) on the floor.  Last in the league in free throw %.  That is something that can be fixed. 

If Kuzma wasn't the starter before, Luke should install him as the starting 4 now.  He needs to be getting big minutes and lots of opportunities to shoot.  He is exactly what Lonzo and BI need too, a shooter/shot maker.  Defense has to account for him with his defender and some potential help, and that helps get BI more space to drive and Lonzo more space for open looks.  Things are slowly coming together.......EXCEPT for the atrocious free throw shooting.  Missed 16.....SIXTEEN....of them last night.  Ughhh!

Staying close in almost every game, but can't win them.     Next step = Lebron and a veteran defense/rebounding first center?

What is the latest on the 2018 draft?    Who has to do what for the Lakers to preserve their lottery pick?   I hope next year finally begins a stretch of over .500 seasons/post-season play.