• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

We might lose 90 games

We've been destined for a 90 loss season since April. This team has been consistently so terrible this year.

My prediction: 69-93

I think they'll threaten the franchise record for most losses in a season.

Gotta factor in that we have to play the Rays 7 more times, the Rangers 7 more times, and the A's 6 more times. That is brutal. We'll probably go 5-15 in those 20 games if we're lucky.

Might as well go big or go home.

By the way, no way this team is blown up, for better or worse.

Maybe Sosh is fired, maybe Dipoto too (although I think he gets at least one more year), but Arte is not going to be the Marlins of the AL.

Note, the "and anyone who thinks differently........" posts are beyond lame.

Agree.  I still think that at least one of the next three seasons we will see Hamilton and Pujols put it together.  They have some parts that could net them pitching without further weakening their farm.  It's not an ideal scenario and whatever moves they make are still highly dependent on the above two actually producing, but it's better than be guaranteed 100 losses. 

I'd rather be disappointed in July than March.

I'd rather be disappointed for the next couple seasons than the next decade plus

Get this d_mn thing righted!

Get in a new manager who will have a fresher approach than the 14 year manager Scioscia.

Stop signing age 32 superstars to big money contracts.   32 is the new 34/35 in the post-PEDs era!

Stop signing slop pitchers like Blanton.

Start bringing in smarter players who don't seemingly score near 0 on the Wunderlich test.

Actually bring in REAL relievers. 

It's almost a certainty now.
Does anyone really expect them to go at least 18-19 the rest of the way, to avoid 90 losses?

In fact, the new gauge is equaling the most losses in a season (96 in 1968).
They just need to go 11-26 to do that.
They have gone just 12-25 in their past 37 games back to the week before the ASB.
This piece of dog manure team may just do that.
23 of their remaining 37 games are on the road.

Of course that would still only likely get them the #3 overall pick. They would probably waste it on yet another Brian Anderson type any way.

I'm thinking back to the 2001 season, when we lost 19 of our final 21 games. That was also a Scioscia-led team.

We could really use a choice draft pick, or ten.

It's amazing how Scioscia was burned out already in 2001 and then found the fire and smarts to manage in 2002-2009 and then forgot and burned out again recently.

It's amazing how Scioscia was burned out already in 2001 and then found the fire and smarts to manage in 2002-2009 and then forgot and burned out again recently.

Is it not possible to be burned out after 14 years at the same job?

Imagine yourself in one job for 14 years.    I've been at my current one for nearly 20 years.

Is it not possible to be burned out after 14 years at the same job?

Imagine yourself in one job for 14 years.    I've been at my current one for nearly 20 years.

It's possible that he's burned out but I haven't seen much change in his demeanor than there was in 2001-2009. If we are just basing it off the W-L record the last few years I tend to think it's more talent and strategy that have led to the lack of success.

Vin Scully has had the same job for nearly 60 years and he doesn't seem burned out on it.