• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Angels kinda suck

The Houston Astros are 30th in the league in pitching, the Angels are 29th.

The Angels don't just kinda suck, they are the epitome of suck and they set the standard for sucking. They won't come close to the playoffs next year if any of you had the misfortune of being an optimist for next year.

The Houston Astros are 30th in the league in pitching, the Angels are 29th.

The Angels don't just kinda suck, they are the epitome of suck and they set the standard for sucking. They won't come close to the playoffs next year if any of you had the misfortune of being an optimist for next year.

Epitome of suck. I like that. Sounds like a really loud grunge band.

Which triggers a memory. I am Facebook friends with Mike Bogart, former trumpet player for Tower of Power. He posted a picture of a band with the caption, "How did they not make it with a name like that?" Emblazoned across the fronts of their shirts was the band's name:

Turds of Misery.

Epitome of suck. I like that. Sounds like a really loud grunge band.

Which triggers a memory. I am Facebook friends with Mike Bogart, former trumpet player for Tower of Power. He posted a picture of a band with the caption, "How did they not make it with a name like that?" Emblazoned across the fronts of their shirts was the band's name:

Turds of Misery.

If the Angels were a band they'd be called the Turds of Misery:

Albert Pujols plays lead guitar.  He is the aging guitarist who is past-his-prime. Everyone wants to love him because they love how he used to play, but he's a shell of his former self. Due to his age and injuries, he is one of the slowest guitarists in the music industry. He is the reason Sony music had to spend so much $$ to sign this band.

Josh Hamilton plays the Drums. He was pretty amazing until he joined this band. Every time he swings at a drum he completely misses. He has a history of drug and alcohol abuse. One time he accidently collided into Trout during a concert. He blames his blue eyes for his poor performance. There are rumors he sucks because he experienced a traumatic case of whiskey-dick with groupie late last year. I guess you can say he's been playing soft since then.

Trumbo plays the bass, he's very inconsistent and has difficulty keeping rhythm and sometimes forgets how to play in the second half of songs. He hacks at his strings causing them to break in the middle of songs.

Mike Trout is the young gifted pianist and guitarist--He is a 5 instrument musician, his mastery of the piano has been likened to Beethoven while his voice and songwriting has been compared to John Lennon. Unfortunately, his bandmates can't catch up with him. Turds of Misery fans fear he might join a different band in a few years.

Each of their songs features a different lead singer:

Jered Weaver, CJ Wilson, Tommy Hanson, and Joe Blanton.

CJ and Jered have been the best singer and songwriter this year, but they can be better. Tommy Hanson's songs have been way too depressing and emo; and he just sucks at singing.

Joe Blanton has written several songs this year. If Mike Trout can be compared to John Lennon, then Joe Blanton can be compared to Ringo Starr's foot fungus. Blanton was heavily criticized when he forgot the words to a song he wrote in an important concert....he did that 15 more times this year and was finally demoted to backup/choir. He screwed that up as well, and was kicked off the band. He now sings classic Phil Collins songs at weddings for only $50.

Wait until you hear about the band's manager and business manager....

This is probably the worst team I've ever followed on an every day basis. The fact that this a 150 million dollar payroll is even more of a joke. Scioscia, Butcher, Dipoto all need to be fired immediately after the season ends. Get Pujols ready for next year, build a bullpen, dangle Aybar, Kendrick, Trumbo, Bourjos, etc. to grab cheap, cost controlled starters.

33 going on 40 Pujols, even if he's ready next year, will be older, fatter, slower, and continue to resemble Mikey's other favorite 3rd hitter Abreu

release/trade everyone over 30, do not play ANYONE over 28; in 2yrs we'll be competitive again

If the Angels were a band they'd be called the Turds of Misery:

Albert Pujols plays lead guitar.  He is the aging guitarist who is past-his-prime. Everyone wants to love him because they love how he used to play, but he's a shell of his former self. Due to his age and injuries, he is one of the slowest guitarists in the music industry. He is the reason Sony music had to spend so much $$ to sign this band.

Josh Hamilton plays the Drums. He was pretty amazing until he joined this band. Every time he swings at a drum he completely misses. He has a history of drug and alcohol abuse. One time he accidently collided into Trout during a concert. He blames his blue eyes for his poor performance. There are rumors he sucks because he experienced a traumatic case of whiskey-dick with groupie late last year. I guess you can say he's been playing soft since then.

Trumbo plays the bass, he's very inconsistent and has difficulty keeping rhythm and sometimes forgets how to play in the second half of songs. He hacks at his strings causing them to break in the middle of songs.

Mike Trout is the young gifted pianist and guitarist--He is a 5 instrument musician, his mastery of the piano has been likened to Beethoven while his voice and songwriting has been compared to John Lennon. Unfortunately, his bandmates can't catch up with him. Turds of Misery fans fear he might join a different band in a few years.

Each of their songs features a different lead singer:

Jered Weaver, CJ Wilson, Tommy Hanson, and Joe Blanton.

CJ and Jered have been the best singer and songwriter this year, but they can be better. Tommy Hanson's songs have been way too depressing and emo; and he just sucks at singing.

Joe Blanton has written several songs this year. If Mike Trout can be compared to John Lennon, then Joe Blanton can be compared to Ringo Starr's foot fungus. Blanton was heavily criticized when he forgot the words to a song he wrote in an important concert....he did that 15 more times this year and was finally demoted to backup/choir. He screwed that up as well, and was kicked off the band. He now sings classic Phil Collins songs at weddings for only $50.

Wait until you hear about the band's manager and business manager....

ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 that is awesome-

Just curious, how do you guys still muster up the energy to do this day in and day out? I watch the games these days to see Trout or Calhoun. I know what I'm watching and I'm pretty sure I can guess the consequences after the season for Mike and his staff.

It's going to happen AO. Say what you will about the last few seasons being failures, but nothing was like this year. You guys wanted him fired last year when the team was well over .500. He will not be the manager next year. Continue to waste your energy picking apart everything he does in games where he's probably trying to figure out what the team has going forward.

It's going to happen AO. Say what you will about the last few seasons being failures, but nothing was like this year. You guys wanted him fired last year when the team was well over .500. He will not be the manager next year. Continue to waste your energy picking apart everything he does in games where he's probably trying to figure out what the team has going forward.

That probably means that my "Predict Scoiscia's Post Game Comments" threads are a waste? No? LOL

My opinion is that either Scioscia or Dipoto will be fired, but not both.  Actually the easy decision is to fire Scioscia and his entire staff. That's the easy road, not necessarily the right answer.  Arte doesn't believe Dipoto has had enough time to implement his plan, and he and his crack staff carefully choose Dipoto.  To fire Dipoto makes Arte and his staff look pretty bad.  To fire both would put the organization into a full restart mode, and maybe set the organization back several years.  If he fires Scioscia, dumps everything into Dipoto's lap, and Dipoto continues on his destructive path (perhaps not even signing Trout), I pity the next GM trying to fix things.

The other thing is that Scioscia is the easiest to replace, I just can't imagine an experienced top flight GM wanting this job, especially given they probably have a nice job with a successful or building team.  The task would be really, really tough given that Hamilton and Pujols are entering the worst years of their contracts from a financial standpoint.

In summary, if you want the fans off your back (for a few months anyway), don't want to risk completely restarting, are willing to eat Scioscia's contract, and want to trust that Jerry can get his act together, then fire Scioscia and his entire staff.  If you want to do something that takes more balls, are willing to admit you made a bad mistake, believe you can attract a really top flight experienced GM with some intuition, absorb the bailout of all of Jerry's new hires, then fire Dipoto.

Good luck Arte, you can't win either way, you are totally screwed.