• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Congrats to Joe Blanton

Docwaukee

It's not all his fault. Scioscia had nobody warming in the bullpen as Blanton was struggling out there.

He should have had a very short leash on him with the Angels down by only two runs.

yeah.  would have been interesting to see if Kohn or DDLR could get their era above 4 so they don't feel left out. 

Honestly, what do you have to lose by leaving Blanton out there to sink.  Put the guy in a high leverage situation and see how he responds.  It's not like getting a win really matters.  I think it's pretty clear what MS was doing. 

OK Joe, let's see if you can do something good here.  Make's his imminent release that much easier. 

When he kept shaking off Conger and then threw a fastball right down the middle to Carter, who then hit the 3-run HR, that was the worst pitching I've ever seen. Rojas even commented on it. He said something like, "He shook off every pitch and then threw him a fast ball right down the middle--which is the only pitch Carter can hit." Blanton is one of the worst pitchers I've ever seen. It's sickening that he's making 7mil dollars this season. 

What was Blanton doing out there in a two run game??

In the 9th, two guys get on, Carter comes up -- I'm thinking -- ah, dinger coming......Blanton goes a rather unimpressive 3-2 to the guy -- this is after the walk and wild pitches earlier in the inning -- Carter fouls a few off, Blanton shakes off whatever Conger's next sign is and pitches Blanton's called pitch -- Carter hits the thing 450 feet or something like that -- 7 to 2 Astros and just for good measure to illustrate that he leads the league in giving up dingers in a non-supporting role -- Blanton gives up back to back HRs to the punchless Astros..........

Amazing.

An earlier post here notes Scioscia didn't have anyone warming up to relief Blanton, before, during and after the debacle........that didn't bother me as much as WHY IS Blanton being put in the ball game in a 4-2 game? It's not a mop up situation........

As for keeping him in -- you know -- at some point the manager just needs to leave the guy in there to take his lumps (and to tell management -- Hansen to AAA?? How about this guy?)......once Carter hit the dinger to make it 7 to 2 you might as well save the arms in the pen anyway.....

I am amazed that there were fans in the stands tonight -- seemed like a pretty good sized crowd -- beautiful weather evening.......

Is (NHL) hockey here yet?  Can't start soon enough..........

This has got to be hands down the worst bullpen I have ever seen. It's disheartening to the starting staff. It's like there are two games every night and no matter what happens in the first game, the 2nd game is doomed and the opposing team KNOWS they can come back and feeds off that.