• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Godfather question

It's actually a trip to see Pacino nail younger Michael and then when he is old he is the obnoxious Al we all know.

I watched Heat the other day and it blows my mind how he is acclaimed and his spazzing out is considered good acting. I'd be scared to watch Two for the Money or Any Given Sunday again.

well i enjoyed it so there!

ahh f*ck it. let's put this whole thing behind us and have a drink, what do you say?

I'll be at stickboy s house tomorrow at five for our weekly strawberry lemonade-a-palooza. Why don't you join us? First glass is on me.

AMC has been doing the mob thing for about a week.  They had Pulp Fiction on there yesterday but it was impossible to watch because it was all cut up for regular TV.  

It's funny to watch just to see the how they overdub. The one I caught was Jules asking big-brain Brad, "English, Little Sucker. Do you speak it?"

Was watching it again last night for the umpteen time. I just wondered do you think Michael loved Kay more than Apollonia, did he want to marry Kay only because he wanted children, and/or he just wanted Kay because Apollonia was killed?

Great topic Torrid, easily two of the best movies ever made.

To answer your question, I think he settled for Kay. Being Sicilian was huge to Michael, as made clear by some of the "jabs" he took at Tom throughout the movies. In his perfect world, he has a Sicilian wife. But kids and a wife were also important, and Kay was a convenient choice (she was young, decent, and submissive).

I have always wondered something about Part II, and maybe some of you can help me with what is probably a basic question: Did Michael ever come to a conclusion about who was being his attempted murder? Was it Roth or Pantageli? It seems to me that at various times he believed different things, and never came to a hard conclusion as to who was the real culprit (though with it more likely being Roth). Any thoughts? And why does he want Pantageli to kill himself?

He wanted pantageli to kill himself rather than testify against Michael. Remember Michael brought pantagelis brother into the courtroom to influence him. I would have to watch again but I think he came to the realization that it was Bozzinni the whole time. I may be getting my wops mixed up tho.

He wanted pantageli to kill himself rather than testify against Michael. Remember Michael brought pantagelis brother into the courtroom to influence him. I would have to watch again but I think he came to the realization that it was Bozzinni the whole time. I may be getting my wops mixed up tho.

The pantangeli suicide scene happened after Michael's trial, I believe. So I am not sure why the suicide was necessary. And if it was Roth who had tried to have Michael killed (along with fredo and johnny olaff), then I don't see why Michael would have wanted Pantangeli to die.

As for Barzini, you are confusing the two movies. Barzini collaborated with Carlo to have Sunny killed.

I view the end of Part 2 much the same as the end of Part 1. Michael "settles" all family business. In the first movie, it's the killing of all the bosses. In the second, it's making sure that all those involved with his assassination attempt are gone. I've never exactly understood how Pantangeli's death fit into that either. Maybe, it was showing that Michael hadn't figured out the scope and complexities of everybody involved. 

I would be interested to see if Francis Ford Coppola has ever discussed this in any interviews. 

I view the end of Part 2 much the same as the end of Part 1. Michael "settles" all family business. In the first movie, it's the killing of all the bosses. In the second, it's making sure that all those involved with his assassination attempt are gone. I've never exactly understood how Pantangeli's death fit into that either. Maybe, it was showing that Michael hadn't figured out the scope and complexities of everybody involved.

I would be interested to see if Francis Ford Coppola has ever discussed this in any interviews.

Good point man. Maybe it just goes to show the lows to which Michael had sunk. Rather than take action to exact justice, he just went after everyone who could potentially have been involved.

Good point man. Maybe it just goes to show the lows to which Michael had sunk. Rather than take action to exact justice, he just went after everyone who could potentially have been involved.

Yeah, that was what I always kind of thought. He was in over his head.

This imdb FAQ page has some interesting theories/explanations:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071562/faq?ref_=tt_faq_3#.2.1.10

Michael knew when he visited Cuba that there would be a second attempt on his life so he made his own plan to take out Roth. What he didn't know was that Fredo was involved in the first attempt. He discovered this when he caught Fredo in the lie about Johnny Ola. Michael knew there was somebody on the inside helping Roth but he didn't know who until then.