• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

GDT 8/6/13: Angels vs Rangers - Grant Green Debut

nate

Including Scioscia.

If you really believe this team has a chance to come back this year, and are willing to throw all of your energy behind that illusion, rather than face things AS THEY ARE, and do your very best to improve this team for next season...

I guess we will never agree.

I dont agree with you, and I don't agree with Scioscia.

I believe that so long as the game is being played you play to win.  I do not think we are going anywhere and I have stated so many times on this board.  But I am certainly not going to criticize someone because they are competing to win. I agree with you that we should play our youngsters more to get them prepared for next year.  But that doesn't mean they have to play every game!

I guess playing Hamilton every day, no matter what, makes this team better??

Considering he is a 125 million dollar investment and was an all star five consecutive years, and we have him for another four years....HELL YES....it makes sense.  It is in the best interest of the team to have Hamilton play out of his slump than to give up on him.  

What is funny is you don't see that logic.  But again, many on this board really doesn't understand sports.  Quite frankly, the proper strategy is to hope your stud returns to form instead of going with someone is isn't any good.

Considering he is a 125 million dollar investment and was an all star five consecutive years, and we have him for another four years....HELL YES....it makes sense.  It is in the best interest of the team to have Hamilton play out of his slump than to give up on him.  

What is funny is you don't see that logic.  But again, many on this board really doesn't understand sports.  Quite frankly, the proper strategy is to hope your stud returns to form instead of going with someone is isn't any good.

What if he gets worse next year, like .190 with a ton of strikeouts? What do you do then? Keep him in the 3 or 4-spot and let him wreck our offense?

What if he gets worse next year, like .190 with a ton of strikeouts? What do you do then? Keep him in the 3 or 4-spot and let him wreck our offense?

That is a tough judgment to make.  It is very difficult to assess when a stud is in a slump or has just lost it.  If I was managing the team I would go with him this year and have a short leash on him next year.   I will say this, the time to give up on Hamilton shouldn't be Scioscia's decision it should be Dipoto and Moreno.  

I am kind of curious, since so many have bit**** about Hamilton batting 3rd this game, who should have batted 3rd?

Trumbo?????  Yea, half the people on this board thinks he sucks!

Aybar?  Shuck?  Nelson?  Green?  Ianetta?

It can't be Howie or Pujols...so who should have batted 3rd?