• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Blanton a trade candidate....

DMVol

The pen is so weak, and at least with Blanton you know what you are getting. He throws strikes and stays healthy. Bullpen arms are hard to judge from season to season.

For all these reasons, I say keep him.... plus this..you KNOW as soon as he goes elsewhere he will be an all-star.

REPLACE BUTCHER-KEEP BLANTON

Can't think like that HB. For the most part, relievers are a dime a dozen. If he can't hack it starting, I wouldn't want to wait until he has trouble in relief.

I disagree.

He is here, meaning we don't have to give up anything to get him.

He has a contract that nobody is going to take on at full value.

He is what he is...and is proving that he can be effective out of the bullpen.

Use him in this role for the last 2 months and if he continues to get it done, then he is a diamond you don't even have to search for.

What gets me, is that he wasn't sent to the pen well over a month ago. Scioscia is s o o o o   s l o o o o w  at making any kind of pitching moves. When he was 2 and 13, he should have been moved to the pen. Instead, Scioscia would rather make excuses for a player ,(and himself)..until all hope is lost...rather than find a place where he can thrive and help the club win.

This has been Scioscia's MO forever.

The fact that Scioscia and Butcher have taken almost a full season to find Blanton a place where he can actually help the team

does not make Blanton bad, it makes Scioscia and Butcher look inept and slow to see things as they are....which is nothing new.

I disagree.

He is here, meaning we don't have to give up anything to get him.

He has a contract that nobody is going to take on at full value.

He is what he is...and is proving that he can be effective out of the bullpen.

Use him in this role for the last 2 months and if he continues to get it done, then he is a diamond you don't even have to search for.

What gets me, is that he wasn't sent to the pen well over a month ago. Scioscia is s o o o o   s l o o o o w  at making any kind of pitching moves. When he was 2 and 13, he should have been moved to the pen. Instead, Scioscia would rather make excuses for a player ,(and himself)..until all hope is lost...rather than find a place where he can thrive and help the club win.

This has been Scioscia's MO forever.

The fact that Scioscia and Butcher have taken almost a full season to find Blanton a place where he can actually help the team

does not make Blanton bad, it makes Scioscia and Butcher look inept and slow to see things as they are....which is nothing new.

Agreed.

well, tonight in New York he illustrated how 'effective' he could be out of the pen.

one role he could fill is providing some rest to the closer......when the closer is tired and has pitched consecutive nights you could bring Blanton into a close game and guarantee that your closer gets the night off...........

Blanton did something I did not think possible tonight - he made his terrible season worse.