• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

How did Hamilton decline so quickly? Serious Question

Deer antler velvet is against baseball rules? I thought that fell into the category of "supplement" not PED.

Anyhow, I don't buy that because he was still pretty good from August on last year: .280 BA, .560 SLG.

Now let's say his numbers did fall a bit from stopping taking the stuff. And let's say that he simply got into a bad rut that he couldn't get out of this year. We can hope, then, that we'll see a .270+ BA, .500+ SLG next year.

If not, well, I don't know what to say. Look at Vernon Wells - same story. Although unlike Hamilton, Wells had alternated good and bad years for awhile. Even so, Wells was never as terrible before 2011 as he was in 2011-13.

Please tell me you're kidding. A link has been posted many times...including a video of Josh detailing the negotiating process with .... Arte Moreno.

This is still a misnomer.  Arte may have whined and dined Josh, but Dipoto was the one who signed him.  He is the gm.  

Teflon Jerry strikes again.

This is still a misnomer.  Arte may have whined and dined Josh, but Dipoto was the one who signed him.  He is the gm.  

Teflon Jerry strikes again.

Ok, so Arte was in Dallas talking to Josh when Arte called Jerry in Anaheim to fax over a contract. I guess Jerry should have said "No" to his boss.

One thing is clear that BOTH Arte and Jerry made the decision to sign Josh, therefore responsibility equally falls on them.

Ok, so Arte was in Dallas talking to Josh when Arte called Jerry in Anaheim to fax over a contract. I guess Jerry should have said "No" to his boss.

One thing is clear that BOTH Arte and Jerry made the decision to sign Josh, therefore responsibility equally falls on them.

The owner always bears responsibility for FA signing. He controls the money. 

Information that I know and believe to be true, but I certainly won't bother backing up.  

When Elvis Andrus was traded from Atlanta to Texas, he began using deer antler velvet, which as we can see by his numbers between the two organizations, had a profound effect on his performance.  When he arrived at the big league level in 2009, he began getting his teammates into it and this was the actual origination behind that little deer antler celebration thing the Rangers players did, though they certainly tell a different story. 

Ian Kinsler's HR totals between 2008 and 2009 almost doubled, Nelson Cruz went from 27 year old minor league journeyman in 2008 to MLB All-star in 2009, Hamilton was hurt and started using in 2010, which was the year he just happened to hit .359, Marlon Byrd doubled the amount of extra base hits he had between 2008 and 2009 and rolled that into a big payday with the Cubs, Hank Blalock, who was a former user himself had one last hurrah and hit 25 HR's, which was his highest total in 5 years.  

This last part I'm guessing about though.  I think Hamilton probably stopped using midway through last season.  He didn't want to test positive and hurt what was sure to be a huge payday.  This would help explain his terrible performance in the second half of last season, and as far as I can tell, certainly isn't using with the Angels.  But again, as I said, that last part I have no information on at all and am only guessing.  

Your making shit up. Nobody believes this crap

Anyone that has read anything about the current Biogenesis scandal, the Lance Armstrong debacle, the Bay Area clinic,or doping in general, knows that the whole thing has always been a game of cat and mouse.

Players were careful to take PEDs  that testing had yet to be developed for.

This is what brought Lance Armstrong down....cycling froze his urine, and retested it again, after tests were developed to detect what he was using. Turns out he used for years and years while denying it at every opportunity.

Same with ARod.
Players looking for big contracts, aging players with big contracts they needed to live up to......and the grueling 162 game season.

Since the 94 strike and the greed it brought to the game, this kind of cheating has been rampant.
Josh Hamilton is one of the LAST people I would have any faith in, if he told us he was clean.
The days of baseball, hotdogs, and apple pie are long gone.