• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Kendrys Morales putting up some good numbers

NrM

I was just about to post something similar! I wonder why Mariners didn't move him and what kind of deal he will get this off season. 

Maybe he'll be a type A free agent? Could get a 1st round pick if they let him walk.

I was just about to post something similar! I wonder why Mariners didn't move him and what kind of deal he will get this off season. 

They were stupid to not trade some of their few trade chips. Maybe their GM (Z) is concerned about losing his job his team loses 85+ games again, so he wanted to hang on some of the players that will give them a chance to show some improvement in the second half of the season.     

Maybe he'll be a type A free agent? Could get a 1st round pick if they let him walk.

Doubtful.

He's mainly a DH.  Only 15 teams could use him.  And a lot of teams like the Yanks, Sox, Angels have DH's.  So it really limits his market.  Plus DH's historically don't make as much as position players do.

How is my boy Trumbo? :) Another debate I took alot of heat on. My stance was to keep Morales and trade Trumbo.

Trumbo is busy playing in the field most days, having 3 more years of club control, and putting up 2.3 WAR to Morales' 1.7.  

Your boy is doing just fine I guess.

Trumbo is busy playing in the field most days, having 3 more years of club control, and putting up 2.3 WAR to Morales' 1.7.  

Morales has a 2.7 WAR according to B-ref.

Also, very interesting tweet I read today:

Kendrys Morales tied in wRC+ with Adrian Beltre, Carlos Santana, Robinson Cano

Woah.

lol I think what you mean to say is, Trumbo is right around his career averages, just like Morales.

Doubtful.

He's mainly a DH.  Only 15 teams could use him.  And a lot of teams like the Yanks, Sox, Angels have DH's.  So it really limits his market.  Plus DH's historically don't make as much as position players do.

Historically DHs and 1B made the most money.  http://turtledog.hubpages.com/hub/MLB-Triple-A-Salaries-Baseball-Salary-By-Position-Batting-Makes-Money  It's only been recently that teams have begun to smarten up and pay them less based on their lack of defensive value.   Sabermetrcs is chiefly responsible for the drop in DH salaries.

Keep in mind that in many cases, DHs were able to point to guys already DHing as comps for their performance and most of those guys were former position players who had been shifted to DH... They had a good thing going for a long long time.   

Historically DHs and 1B made the most money.  http://turtledog.hubpages.com/hub/MLB-Triple-A-Salaries-Baseball-Salary-By-Position-Batting-Makes-Money  It's only been recently that teams have begun to smarten up and pay them less based on their lack of defensive value.   Sabermetrcs is chiefly responsible for the drop in DH salaries.

Keep in mind that in many cases, DHs were able to point to guys already DHing as comps for their performance and most of those guys were former position players who had been shifted to DH... They had a good thing going for a long long time.   

Kendrys is not a first baseman.  There are only 5 DH's that would have qualified for a arbitration qualifying offer.  http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/league-info/highest-paid-players/  Kendrys does not match up with any of them.  

He'll probably get in the $8-10 million mark.  Which is probably why it looks like the Mariners are going to try to keep him.

How is my boy Trumbo? :) Another debate I took alot of heat on. My stance was to keep Morales and trade Trumbo.

The problem with that is that Morales can basically play one position defensively (first base), and then only occasionally. We have two other guys who play first base. Trumbo can at least play the outfield in a pinch, which isn't an option with Morales.