• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Al Qaeda in final stages of plot

"...the United States has information that al Qaeda in Yemen was in the final stages of planning for an unspecified attack."

This is awfully vague.

Makes me think of the Mr. Neutron/Teddy Salad sketch in the fourth season of Monty Python:

"All right! I want a full-scale Red Alert throughout the world! Surround everyone with everything we've got! Mobilize every fighting unit and every weapon we can lay our hands on! I want... I want three full-scale global nuclear alerts with every army, navy and air force unit on eternal standby!"

I've mentioned here before, my brother is a consular attache in a country that is something of a gateway for terrorists.  He is in regular contact with the head of that region's terrorism unit (representing that country; not an American).

I heard first hand from the dude that Al Qaeda is growing stronger and doing so more quietly than the current administration is letting on.  Not that I would think it responsible for the administration, NSA, et al. to tell everyone to freakout and panic.  But what I was told gave me pause for thought and concern.  Imagine what the administration knows that we don't.

In Europe, there are literally thousands of mosques and other breeding grounds for terrorists which the authorities can't keep tabs on. 

It's a credit to our intelligence that more crapola hasn't happened.  We give them alot of grief but they've done a pretty good job considering what they're up against. 

Crock. Of. Shit.

<<The U.S. government's actions are in response to growing intelligence that shows a potential for attacks in Yemen and elsewhere in the Middle East as well as North Africa.>>

So in other words, don't travel to the countries the US has been illegally drone bombing.  This country is its own worst enemy.

I work in Saudi and my wife and daughter live in Bahrain. I cross the causeway bridge 2 or 3 times a week. The squadron for whom I run the simulator is on break this week so I think I'll just sit in Bahrain and listen to the Shia vs Sunni battles instead of getting caught in the AQ stuff.

I work in Saudi and my wife and daughter live in Bahrain. I cross the causeway bridge 2 or 3 times a week. The squadron for whom I run the simulator is on break this week so I think I'll just sit in Bahrain and listen to the Shia vs Sunni battles instead of getting caught in the AQ stuff.

Stay safe, man.  Do you work in Riyadh?