• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

For the 30 and over crowd

Shit, a thread title that I fit in the demographic.

Remember all these. I had cousins that had a Nissan minivan, don't remember the name but it was the first one to have sliding doors on both sides, maybe the Quest. That somehow turned into my parents buying a Toyota Previa. The ugliest automobile ever manufactured.

My family always had at least one Pinto when I was growing up.  We had this bad boy for a while:

1977_Ford_Pinto_rear.jpg

My brother later converted it into a mini-truck that we dubbed Pinchero.  

I don't know how you could have mutilated a classic like that. Even has the babe magnet wood grain trim.

I remember the freer days.  When you weren't constrained by seat belts, and can run around in the back.

That brings back good memories on the school bus. 

It was against the rules to stand up while the bus was moving, so we moved around the bus on our stomachs underneath the rows of seats.  The floorboards were polished with some sort of wax that made it really easy to do, and the bus driver had no clue. 

Some kids put their backpacks on the floor, so we would slither up and rummage through the contents of their backpacks unsuspectingly.  We would then take anything back to our seats that had their name written on it -- and then throw it at them.  Usually they would get mad and tell the bus driver and we would get summoned to the front of the bus.  I remember one such conversation. 

Bus Driver:  Brian says you threw this calculator at his head.  What's wrong with you? 

Me:  What are you talking about?

Bus Driver:  You know what I mean.

Me:  That's his calculator...look, his name is on it right here. 

Bus Driver:  Oh, uh, uh.

Me:  How would I throw his calculator at him sitting 10 rows behind him?

Bus Driver:  BRIAN!!!!!!!!!  GET BACK UP HERE!

My first car was this:

1968javelin041708.jpg

1968 AMC Javelin, 290 V8. Great engine, horrible transmission. Learned a lot of what I know about cars from working on it. This isn't a photo of the actual car - mine was yellow with a black vinyl top, no A/C (which was fun in northern Florida during the summer). The owner's manual said that it was originally bought at North Hollywood Rambler outside of LA. How it wound up in Florida I have no idea. Somewhere my sister has a photo of my father and me replacing the left rear axle on the car in the driveway. Come to think of it, most of the photos of that car that exist anywhere have the hood open, because there was generally something wrong with it.

My parents had this:

1966_plymouth_fury_iii_96635415525355552

1966 Plymouth Fury III, two door. Great car, 318 V8, my father kept it for over 20 years.

That's borderline stalking but she might be into that.

Nah, I used that same argument when I was kid. 

Parents said I couldn't do ________ until I was 16, 17, 18, whatever, so I calculated my age with womb time included.  That usually worked because my mom could hardly contain her laughter at my idiotic reasoning.