• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Which contender are you rooting for?

Pirates (long below .500 drought), D-Backs (anyone but Raviners), Rays (Maddon and Price) and Royals (except for 2003, similar drought to Pirates)

Speaking of the guy (Price) the Halos could be pursuing as a FA after 2014:

Since July 2 after return from the DL: 

6 starts, 48.1 innings (8 innings per start), 0.70 WHIP, 1.70 ERA, 35/1 Ks/BBs ratio, and only 90 pitches/start 

The HR count is 6, kind of high for 48 innings, except that he has only allowed a Blyleven-esque 1 HR with runners on base in that time. 

And yes he would fine to be the only high priced FA to sign for the next 4-5 seasons.

He will still be only 29 when the 2015 season starts, similar age to what CC was when his Skanks contract started in 2009.    He will only have 1150-1200 MLB innings under his belt by then, and will never have yet exceeded 224 innings by the close of this season.

For comparison sake, Weaver had about 1130 MLB innings under his belt when his 5 year deal started in 2012.

Now that it's clear the Angels have no shot at playoffs, I am going to root for the Arizona Diamondbacks. I like a lot of players on that team, and hope they can keep the Dodgers out of the playoffs. 

Which team will you root for down the stretch.

None of them, if the Angels are not in postseason I will be watching football and basketball. I only I don't root for other teams in baseball, particularly in the AL. My favorite baseball team in the NL, if I have to have one, and I really don't follow them very closely are the Padres, and they are no closer than the Angels to making postseason.