• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Deadline over.. Bring on the suspensions..

I think he wants his money..  I also think he's such an attention whore that he's actually enjoying being the focus of all this buzz...

Not sure Arod can survive minus the attention.  Life after baseball is going to be hard for him.

every player should appeal

Every player making an appeal will suffer a longer suspension should the appeal fail.

I know you want Cruz to stall out his probable suspension so if he is it will be at his own expense as a free agent but Selig wants these guys off the field now. He will get what he wants.

Alex Rodriguez hopes for return

This circus has a lot of clowns.

"I think that's the pink elephant in the room," Rodriguez said. "I think we all agree that we want to get rid of PEDs. That's a must. I think all the players feel that way. But when all the stuff is going on in the background and people are finding creative ways to cancel your contract, I think that's concerning for me. It's concerning for present [players] and it should be concerning for future players as well. There is a process. I'm excited about the way I feel tonight and I'm going to keep fighting."

This guy is so completely lost in lies and fantasy land it's actually sort of frightening.

"I think that's the pink elephant in the room," Rodriguez said. "I think we all agree that we want to get rid of PEDs. That's a must. I think all the players feel that way. But when all the stuff is going on in the background and people are finding creative ways to cancel your contract, I think that's concerning for me. It's concerning for present [players] and it should be concerning for future players as well. There is a process. I'm excited about the way I feel tonight and I'm going to keep fighting."

This guy is so completely lost in lies and fantasy land it's actually sort of frightening.

It sounds like he thinks the union will back him up if he uses this line.  Cause it sounds just like what a disgruntled union would say.  

Problem is, I don't think the union, or the players more specifically, will back him.  

if the league has as much evidence as we're led to believe, why don't they just suspend them?

If they don't have evidence then why are all the players agreeing to suspensions?

They are doing it this way for one reason, to nail Arod.  Once all these players agree to the suspensions then Arod has no grounds to fight it.

Cruz wants to fight it because he is going to be a FA and this will kill his value, a la Melky.

if the league has as much evidence as we're led to believe, why don't they just suspend them?

Because you still want to keep labor peace.  If selig went guns a blazing, the union would be up in arms.  Also, there would be more of a reason to contest any ruling.  

The way MLB is going about it.  They are trying to include the union as much as possible, and bringing to them evidence of the infractions.  This way, when the shit hits the fan, the MLB and the Union can both say, this is best for the sport, and both look like good guys.  

That is not the question, with Arod is it how long they suspend him.  He can appeal anything more than 50 games because it is his "first offense."

The difference with him is he tried to destroy evidence and coerce witnesses.

There is no court by the way, just MLB.

if the evidence against a-rod was truly overwhelming, it doesn't seem like he would be able to appeal and take it to court.

He has $100 million reasons to take it to court.  Even if it costs him $10 million in legal fees.  

That the union, at least publicly, doesn't even look like they will even try to back him, is very telling.  Because usually the union will back anyone.

Because you still want to keep labor peace.  If selig went guns a blazing, the union would be up in arms.  Also, there would be more of a reason to contest any ruling.  

The way MLB is going about it.  They are trying to include the union as much as possible, and bringing to them evidence of the infractions.  This way, when the shit hits the fan, the MLB and the Union can both say, this is best for the sport, and both look like good guys.  

Selig is handling this very well, IMO. He has included the union every step along the way, and they have been privy to all the evidence. The way it has been done, everyone is on board and there won't be grousing about how the suspensions were imposed on the players against their will. Both parties have been part of the decision process.

A-Roid, on the other hand, is taking exactly the same tack he did when he was busted before. He blames the process, talks about the "noise in the system", and loudly proclaims his innocence in the face of apparently irrefutable evidence against him. His statement that "all players want PEDs out of the game" rings very hollow in the face of reports that he was actively recruiting players to use Biogenesis (and apparently MLB has strong evidence that he did this). He also isn't making a lot of friends by repeatedly calling out the Yankees' front office and ownership for not allowing him to play and for trying to void his contract - which they absolutely should pursue for a second-time PED violator.

With the MLBPA taking a back seat in this is very telling of what the players want. Really for the first time, we're hearing players speak against the players being caught. For the vast majority, they really want to clean up the sport. If the evidence is insurmountable that these players used PEDs and the MLBPA backs their appeal, then that would set a wrong precedence to the majority of other players they are supposed to protect; the clean players.

It sounds like he thinks the union will back him up if he uses this line.  Cause it sounds just like what a disgruntled union would say.  

Problem is, I don't think the union, or the players more specifically, will back him.  

Given the things that have been written about him, I think the players are absolutely fine serving him up as the sacrificial lamb.   Not sure any of the players want to go to bat for him.

Some tweets from Joel Sherman... read bottom to top.

Joel Sherman
Was told MLB feels A-Rod has had chance to talk few times, taken 5th, not in mood now to negotiate at 11th hour

Joel Sherman
A-Rod camp also contacted #Yankees today and were rejected, as well, on any discussion of working out deal on rest of contract
Joel Sherman
suspension will be for rest of this year, all next year. Though it remains possible Selig could still go for lifetime ban (cont) #Yankees
2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Joel Sherman
Unless dramatic change in 11th hour, MLB plans to just institute suspension of A-Rod without further negotiations. It is believed (cont)
2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Joel Sherman
Mike Weiner from PA called MLB today to talk settlement, MLB said no thanks. Told MLB execs tired of dealing with A-Rod camp #Yankees (con)

Some of you guys are a bit harsh on the PED stuff now.   Especially on the guys who have not been associated with anything other than having a good end to their careers.

Look at me.   I bet you wouldn't think I was maybe using PEDs but I can tell you my message board career, even at this advanced age, has never been better.

I'd go so far as to say that for the first time in my life, I'm now a true 5 tool internet board user.

1)  Can find and link overplayed, animated GIFs in beast mode

2)  Easily at the top of my class in being able to x-post

3)  Few better at my position in ability to repost old content at will and claim first

4)  Top-3 troll of white knights with my own circular arguments

5)  Misuse meme's at a record-breaking, HoF clip

Yap. 

*bubble bubble bubble bubble bubble*