• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Arizona Cardinals

nando714

The way the trade is structured, I wouldn't be shocked if the Cards cut him shortly. They would be on the hook to give up a 7th round pick to Philly, but that only happens if Barkley remains on the roster for the teams first 6 games. They'll likely cut him prior to that, then perhaps re-sign him(if they want to) without having to give up anything. This deal was likely just so they could get a look at him without having to worry about him being cut by Philly and then being subject to waivers

Edited by bloodbrother

Quite a bit has changed from year to year though in Seattle.  Chancellor is holding out with apparently neither side budging and they said on Sunday the sides hadn't talked since September 8th.  They've handed out big contracts to some of their studs who wanted to get paid and now they don't really have much cap room this year.  So far their O-line has looked suspect after trading Unger in the Graham grade and Graham has looked pretty un-Graham like as his targets have decreased and he's needed to be more of a blocker given the type of offense Seattle runs.  I expect them to turn it around but this is what happens to teams who have success with low payrolls because eventually you have to pay your top players and can't just swap them out for the next man up.    

Im not getting ahead of myself after a week 3 win but if arizona stays healthy all the way to that game no way they give up 35 at home to green bay

Agreed. Still a ways away until that game is played so who knows what the rosters look like by then but I don't see GB putting up points like that. They're not as good on the road and the Cards defense is good.