• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Braun suspended remainder of 2013 season

That's probably why they are holding off on the mass suspensions until next season.

They want someone to be the martyr for the biogenesis stuff.  They went to Braun, said, "Look, the Brewers aren't exactly primed to make the playoffs this year, and you're already pegged as a juicer, so just take your medicine now, and you'll have most of next season to play.  Otherwise, you're going down for the majority of 2014."

I think this goes to what Weiner (head of the MLBPA) said last week. He stated that the union was not going to fight suspensions in cases where there was overwhelming evidence, but that they were going to try to get the best "deal" possible for the players implicated.

Braun is the first domino. If you noticed, his statement came out in conjunction with the announcement by MLB. They probably negotiated down from 100 games or whatever, and Braun agreed to the suspension now because the Brewers suck this year, and his absence won't mean a damn thing.

I have no problem with the plea deal. MLB attempted an unprecedented way to nail players for PED's. Instead of 100 games, Braun will serve about 70, so a difference of 30 games. In return, this is what MLB gained from this plea:

- They can effectively bust a player without needing a failed drug test. This is huge.

- His admission validates the information MLB received from Biogenetics is accurate. They can use this as leverage to bust the other 20+ players. If MLB gets a couple more pleas, then they can easily bust the rest on the list without pleas. In other words, the clock is ticking if a player wants to negotiate a punishment.

Also, all we know about the plea is that Braun gets a break on games. He very well could have agreed to a lifetime ban if he gets busted 1 more time (technically he's only violated the PED program once).

Hey, perhaps MLB can arrange/ time the announcement of the suspensions to coincide with Manny Ramirez's first appearance back on an MLB roster.

Where's Manny again? Texas AAA team, right?

Manny is not returning to the majors with these numbers in AAA .227/.306/.432/.738

The Brewers signed an extension with him through 2021. He is owed a minimum of $125m. It DOES matter to the Brewers.

Yeah I reached a little bit on that, but I don't think his production will regress very much, but from a marketing standpoint this looks terrible. In a year or two I don't think anyone will care anymore though.

He still didnt come out and admit to using PEDs

There are no details about which substances he used.  I hope the details come out and there is public disclosure on what he was using.

Braun is classless.  Laurenzi was the guy who got railroaded about chain of custody with the sample eventhough the place was closed.  Braun screwed this guy over, yet no apology from Braun for ruining this guys life, livelihood and good name.

I have a feeling A-Rod will get hit even harder.  If I remember correctly, he tried to buy off some Biogenesis people so he could destroy incriminating documents.  I have a feeling MLB is going to come down hard on A-Rod and rightly so.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Fartolo has absolutely nothing to lose. He knows if he doesn't cheat, his career's over and he goes home to his tens of millions. He's adding over $100,000 to that every week he's not suspended and he's on the active roster getting to do something he loves. This isn't the NCAA where wins, awards and titles get stripped when teams or their players cheat, so the A's have absolutely nothing to lose either. The signing by the A's and MLB's obliviousness on the highly questionable resurgence of a proven cheater has been an embarrassment to the league and the A's but neither seems to care.

It's one thing to lie. It's another to be caught and still continue to deny.

How dumb do you have to be? Braun knew the truth would eventually come out, he knew this day would come, and he lied anyway. Can't imagine the fans (or his buddy Aaron "discount-double-check" Rodgers) who supported him through the former tribulation are going to take kindly to that. Really a shame too, no reason he needed to throw away his stardom for one or two highlighted seasons. Also have to consider all the "fair ballplayers" who were overlooked and missed out on opportunities because of his success.

For shame, Braun. For shame.

I feel 180 degrees different about A-Rod. Can't wait for that to come out.

He still didnt come out and admit to using PEDs

There are no details about which substances he used.  I hope the details come out and there is public disclosure on what he was using.

Braun is classless.  Laurenzi was the guy who got railroaded about chain of custody with the sample eventhough the place was closed.  Braun screwed this guy over, yet no apology from Braun for ruining this guys life, livelihood and good name.

I have a feeling A-Rod will get hit even harder.  If I remember correctly, he tried to buy off some Biogenesis people so he could destroy incriminating documents.  I have a feeling MLB is going to come down hard on A-Rod and rightly so.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

The arbitrator also got fired.

Glad to see players responding to the suspension. In the past, they just avoided anything having to do with PED's.

Kemp: "I don't like being lied to"

Schumacher : "In my opinion, he should be suspended, lifetime ban. One strike, you’re out. It’s enough. It’s ridiculous. You’re still doing this? This guy is one of the main guys that are the face of the franchise and the face of baseball. For him to do this and maybe get caught twice already is ridiculous. A guy loses his job because of it. Hopefully, he gets that back. He lied. He lied to a lot of people. I was convinced, after that MVP, that he didn’t do it. I think he should hand over that MVP to Matt Kemp. Suspend them all. It needs to get out of baseball, so how are you going to do it? I know we have an agreement; we all agreed upon the agreement -- 50, 100. I thought that was enough at the beginning of it. But apparently not. Watching him talk right now makes me sick.”

Logan Morrison: "You know we're clean. We haven't scored a run in 37 innings."

Glad to see players responding to the suspension. In the past, they just avoided anything having to do with PED's.

Kemp: "I don't like being lied to"

Schumacher : "In my opinion, he should be suspended, lifetime ban. One strike, you’re out. It’s enough. It’s ridiculous. You’re still doing this? This guy is one of the main guys that are the face of the franchise and the face of baseball. For him to do this and maybe get caught twice already is ridiculous. A guy loses his job because of it. Hopefully, he gets that back. He lied. He lied to a lot of people. I was convinced, after that MVP, that he didn’t do it. I think he should hand over that MVP to Matt Kemp. Suspend them all. It needs to get out of baseball, so how are you going to do it? I know we have an agreement; we all agreed upon the agreement -- 50, 100. I thought that was enough at the beginning of it. But apparently not. Watching him talk right now makes me sick.”

Logan Morrison: "You know we're clean. We haven't scored a run in 37 innings."

I like Schumaker's and Morrison's tweets, especially. The former, because it pretty much expresses how most of us feel, and Morrison's because it's funny...and accurate.

i dont fault aaron rodgers for supporting him.

you always support your friends especially when they're being villified by the media.

if the legal process comes back showing he was right, as it did, then its ok to gloat a bit.

but clearly the guy was juicing and found a loophole that he couldnt use now.

who cares. let em all juice, the "sanctity" of game BS is nonsense.

this isnt the 30s where guys have part-time jobs to supplement their income.

people are idiots if they think players aren't going to walk the line, and sometimes go over it, if they can get an edge and bring in % more millions. 

its a high stakes game. play it or get left behind.