• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Braun suspended remainder of 2013 season

Read in the LA Times within the past week that these guys are being offered the equivalent of 'plea deals' from MLB.

If they fess up and accept voluntarily, the suspension might be less and MLB won't release details of the 'investigative report'

If they don't, well..............

sounds as if Braun knowing things were not going to go well for him, decided to admit and take the rest of the year off.......and the prior posters here are probably right that MLB is ticked that Braun got away with it during his 'MVP' year.

I don't see how Colon would get suspended. They would have to prove that the test he failed last season was a completely different issue then the Biogenesis matter. The problem is not only will that be practically impossible to prove, it's probably not accurate. He more than likely tested positive from drugs obtained through Biogenesis. And he was already suspended for that. So he'd have to fail a new test or MLB will have to come up with new info. I don't think this Biogenesis thing is going to have Colon going anywhere.

I don't see how Colon would get suspended. They would have to prove that the test he failed last season was a completely different issue then the Biogenesis matter. The problem is not only will that be practically impossible to prove, it's probably not accurate. He more than likely tested positive from drugs obtained through Biogenesis. And he was already suspended for that. So he'd have to fail a new test or MLB will have to come up with new info. I don't think this Biogenesis thing is going to have Colon going anywhere.

This isn't about failing a test. All it takes is one piece of evidence that is dated after the positive test. I have a feeling just about all the players facing a 2nd offense will take a plea deal with MLB.

The really disturbing things about Braun and guys like Lance Armstrong is that it's obvious that cheaters are passing drug tests some how.  The fact that the drug test didn't catch Braun or guys like Armstrong just makes me more suspicious.

Read in the LA Times within the past week that these guys are being offered the equivalent of 'plea deals' from MLB.

If they fess up and accept voluntarily, the suspension might be less and MLB won't release details of the 'investigative report'

If they don't, well..............

sounds as if Braun knowing things were not going to go well for him, decided to admit and take the rest of the year off.......and the prior posters here are probably right that MLB is ticked that Braun got away with it during his 'MVP' year.

That's probably why they are holding off on the mass suspensions until next season.

They want someone to be the martyr for the biogenesis stuff.  They went to Braun, said, "Look, the Brewers aren't exactly primed to make the playoffs this year, and you're already pegged as a juicer, so just take your medicine now, and you'll have most of next season to play.  Otherwise, you're going down for the majority of 2014."

Braun last year during spring training:

Saying "my name has been dragged through the mud," Milwaukee Brewersoutfielder Ryan Braun said he won his appeal of a positive drug test and 50-game suspension because "the truth is on my side."

"Today is for everybody who has ever been wrongly accused," the reigning National League MVP said Friday at a news conference at the Brewers' training facility, his teammates sitting in the stands in uniform behind him. "The simple truth is that I'm innocent. The truth is always relevant and the truth prevailed."

Lol at this guy. Paraded around last year about beating the system

Not only that, he cost two people their jobs...the guy in charge of the custody of the specimen, and the arbitrator both got shit-canned.