• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Toddler buys car on Ebay, parents keep it

PORTLAND, Ore. - A toddler playing with her father's smart phone managed to buy a 1962 Austin Healey Sprite on eBay, according to video from a CNN affiliate KOIN.

Paul Stoute says 14-month-old Sorella was playing with en eBay app when she bought the car for $225, and he didn't even realize it until he received an email congratulating him on his purchase.

The family is keeping the car, Stoute said, adding that he plans to restore it for her high-school graduation or 16th birthday.

"I've done a lot of work in the past, like bondo and stuff like that, but this is another realm altogether," he said. "I'm just glad she didn't buy the $38,000 Porsche I was looking at."

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/free/20130710oregon-toddler-car-ebay.html

The family is keeping the car, Stoute said, adding that he plans to restore it for her high-school graduation or 16th birthday.

This would be a neat thing to do. I hope that they are able to.

Much smaller scale, but my grandson pulled one of my 1/18 scale model cars off the display shelf and essentially broke everything off of it. He was about a year and a half old at the time, and I had no idea that he had mastered climbing up on chairs and pulling things off the shelves he couldn't reach from the floor. As fate would have it, it was probably the most valuable and rare car in my collection, a 1965 Volvo P544 built by Revell in Germany, not made anymore. After more than a year of looking I finally found a replacement on eBay that didn't cost a fortune from a seller in Germany, and I eventually found all the parts broken off the original. I have everything pretty much repaired except for the hinge on the hood, which I am still mulling over ideas for. I am going to give it to him as a gift when he gets old enough to appreciate it.