• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

FREE KOLE CALHOUN

Chuck

Pretty silly to delay his clock when you don't know if he'll be around that long.  I like Calhoun, and think he can be a productive major leaguer, but that may mean he is like Jeff DaVanon.  Solid, but nothing to worry about locking up when he is 31.   Heck, he may not even do that well.  Find out, and if he is good, decide whether to pay him later.  They didn't wait for Trout last year, and he is a stud.  Calhoun, even if he pans out, is likely replaceable by the time he hits free agency.   

well, the Trout decision last year was WRONG coming out of Spring Training and we all said so at the time.

it was complicated by the presence of another expensive contract (Abreu) that because of that reason (expensive contract) had to be kept on the roster to prove that he didn't deserve 1.) that expensive contract and 2.) a roster spot.

ironically, it may have been that stretch of time (six weeks or so) that cost the Angels a chance at a playoff spot.

As for Calhoun, it's later in the season now.......I'd keep him down (even though I have no doubt be could help RIGHT NOW - heck, TONIGHT!) until September call ups.

Shuck's defense and the iffy health of Pujols and Hamilton are also factors.  If Hamilton is out for a few games, but not DL'd, we get starts from Hawpe and maybe Cowgill?  Awesome.  Start Calhoun and have Shuck come off the bench.

And start Richards.  

Find out what these guys can do.  It's not just about playing for the future... they may help the team greatly right now. 

Calhoun is an improvement over Shuck and without a doubt, Hawpe.

Yes. the team has decided to wait on Calhoun rather than to use him on a below .500 team this year.

Calhoun will be on the opening day roster next year.

Bourjos -- who I really like -- will probably be packaged in a deal for rotation help.

You're a riot

I'll highlight this as it may be the first time, at least from what I've read, where it hasn't been "Your".  I'll assume your autocorrect kicked in... 

I'm a "riot" for suggesting this because because of, what?  Trumbo's robust sub-.700 OPS the last season's worth of AB's or the expensive gimp we have playing first base who no longer uses his lower body as part of his swing?

I'll highlight this as it may be the first time, at least from what I've read, where it hasn't been "Your". I'll assume your autocorrect kicked in...

I'm a "riot" for suggesting this because because of, what? Trumbo's robust sub-.700 OPS the last season's worth of AB's or the expensive gimp we have playing first base who no longer uses his lower body as part of his swing?

Ahh you remembered ... Your the best!

Oh look, 2-2 with 2 HRs so far today.

Ho hum.

I'll admit that the very small sample size I've seen from him during his time in the majors didnt impress me. But if he's this hot right now, the time is now to find out what we have in him. Unless JD wants to trade him, there's no reason to not bring him up. I'm in... Free the AW golden child now!