• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2024 MLB Playoffs Thread

19 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

It's legal, per this guy's conversation with former umpire Dale Scott

Yes and no. He's allowed to run there and get hit. However if it's ruled intentional it's an out and dead ball. I'm surprised Roberts didn't ask the umpire to check with the 1B or home umpire. I umpire high school games and this happens fairly regular at 1B. 

11 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Yes and no. He's allowed to run there and get hit. However if it's ruled intentional it's an out and dead ball. I'm surprised Roberts didn't ask the umpire to check with the 1B or home umpire. I umpire high school games and this happens fairly regular at 1B. 

Of course it’s intentional but he didn’t get hit intentionally. He created a path that made it a difficult throw, which is totally legal. 

15 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

With all due respect to you and your HS umpiring career, going to go with the Major Leaguer here

1 hour ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Sorry, you were my Dodger superfan strawman tonight. You still have my vote for GM.

we're cool, turd, and i appreciate the support. 

when i get the job, how would you like to be in charge of stadium promotions? i'm gonna need someone who knows how to get stuff. 

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Of course it’s intentional but he didn’t get hit intentionally. He created a path that made it a difficult throw, which is totally legal. 

Getting hit intentionally would result with an out. I'm looking for things like throwing hands up in the air. 

19 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

With all due respect to you and your HS umpiring career, going to go with the Major Leaguer here

I've also done 3 community college games. Lol

I'm not disagreeing with him. I'm saying if an umpire felt Manny purposely made contact with the throw they had the option to call an out  I'm shocked Dave didn't get them together. When you're the umpire at the play you're preparing for the tag or force. The umpire further away is looking for the interference or obstruction.

3 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Lol. I'd rather the arrogant and egotistical Dodger fans have nothing to root for. When you spend 1 billion dollars on 2 players, don't complain about pitching dept.

Yep, idgaf how the Padres players act. Machado can pull his dong out and piss on Dave Roberts for all I care. I've been getting crap from Dodgers fans for months due to Shohei's success, and the Angels lack thereof.

Hell I was at a restaurant a week ago inquiring about the Ox Tail. First thing out of the employee's mouth "Angels drool, Dodgers rule." I was already in a foul mood, and didn't need some piss ant to comment on sports. 

So yes, I'm relishing this loss just as hard as any Halos win. Christmas came early, thanks Pads!

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

You can't call intent when he has his back to the play and as it was pointed out, this isn't a play down the first base line. 

43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You can't call intent when he has his back to the play and as it was pointed out, this isn't a play down the first base line. 

Ohtani is having a Trout-like first postseason, while Tatis is raking. It is the postseason where superstars with super salaries need to step up and earn their accolades as well as their money.

5 hours ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

Ohtani is having a Trout-like first postseason

I must have missed Trout's 3 run homer against the Royals in 2014.

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

I must have missed Trout's 3 run homer against the Royals in 2014.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Oh really? Happened in the first inning of game 4.

🤔

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think he did hit a homer in game 3 but I could have been mistaken. 

It was game 3.