• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2024 MLB Playoffs Thread

8 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Not sure how many baseball fans are going to remember someone scoring in the ninth inning on a double July game 

Exactly. It's not like a guy scoring from 1st on a double is unprecedented. I remember the Pujols "shooting an arrow" motion much more than the fact that Trout scored from first. 

A real classic in Cleveland! I love these pitcher duels. Every pitch is critical. Great defense on a few plays. Managers making strategic moves. Carpenter, Tiger's best LH pinch hitter against the league best reliever. 

Skubal tough as expected. Boyd with a great game. Yet no decision for either. 

Each series has had great games so far. 

12 hours ago, T.G. said:

Tank must have missed Flaherty's chirping.

didn't miss it. saw it and wondered what flaherty was pissed about. that might have been the snowball that got everything else going. pretty much figured that the padres can cross flaherty off of their free agent shopping list this winter. 

or maybe it was profar acting like a knucklehead after stealing the homer in the first. i dunno, but i'm sure there's plenty more of it to come. 

11 hours ago, m0nkey said:

It's really turning into one of those "which career would you rather have" debates, and Harper's making it seem not so silly.  Yes Trout has the better baseballreference page by far, but ask any baseball fan around the country and how many will be able to name a significant meaningful play from him (other than Ohtani striking him out to end the WBC)?

Harper still has 2 MVPs, is now beloved in Philly, and in just 2+ years as multiple big playoff moments.

I think at this point its actually hard to imagine Trout will finish with a better career than Harper. Trout was certainly greater than Washington Harper, but he isn't even close to Philadelphia Harper and the trends are only growing stronger.

1 hour ago, katie said:

Dave Roberts says the ball was thrown at him in the dugout but he didn’t see it happen. 

Said thrown ball

They sent the video in to MLB. 

T's and P's to the Dave and the entire Dodger organization