• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2024 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtani is 2 for 9, with one of those a broken bat single. The home run made the headlines, but he hasn't done much since. If he struggles the rest of the series maybe the adulation becomes less automatic  But I expect him to regroup and do more. 

Nice to see the Dodgers blasted at home. Real classy fans. One game someone runs on the field. Next game someone tries to bean a Padre. 

padres are an arrogant group, especially machado and tatis. that kind of chest-thumping may work at home, but it's not going to fly in dodger stadium. 

dodger fans were out of line tonight, but i think it was egged on by the players at least a little bit. 

the phillies-mets game tonight was great fun to watch. phillies prevailed with a castallano walk-off in the b9, but this mets team has no quit in them.  

the phils have their hands full. let's go phils! #ringthebell

6 hours ago, Tank said:

padres are an arrogant group, especially machado and tatis. that kind of chest-thumping may work at home, but it's not going to fly in dodger stadium. 

dodger fans were out of line tonight, but i think it was egged on by the players at least a little bit. 

I'm fine with a little bravado between rivals in the postseason, especially if it's against the Dodgers.

Tank must have missed Flaherty's chirping.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

the phillies-mets game tonight was great fun to watch. phillies prevailed with a castallano walk-off in the b9, but this mets team has no quit in them.  

I really enjoy watching Bryce Harper play baseball. He plays with passion and doesn't shy away from big moments. 

I know Trout has had a statistically better career, but Harper has had more signature moments. He's given fans great memories and moments over the years and those are the things people remember. 

I don't watch baseball to see who accumulates the highest WAR. I watch for the moments that stay etched in your memory like the ones Harper has provided in the postseason.

59 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I really enjoy watching Bryce Harper play baseball. He plays with passion and doesn't shy away from big moments. 

I know Trout has had a statistically better career, but Harper has had more signature moments. He's given fans great memories and moments over the years and those are the things people remember. 

I don't watch baseball to see who accumulates the highest WAR. I watch for the moments that stay etched in your memory like the ones Harper has provided in the postseason.

It's really turning into one of those "which career would you rather have" debates, and Harper's making it seem not so silly.  Yes Trout has the better baseballreference page by far, but ask any baseball fan around the country and how many will be able to name a significant meaningful play from him (other than Ohtani striking him out to end the WBC)?

Harper still has 2 MVPs, is now beloved in Philly, and in just 2+ years as multiple big playoff moments.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

I was about to blame you for hopping on the phillies bandwagon if they lost and went down 0-2.

16 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

It's really turning into one of those "which career would you rather have" debates, and Harper's making it seem not so silly.  Yes Trout has the better baseballreference page by far, but ask any baseball fan around the country and how many will be able to name a significant meaningful play from him (other than Ohtani striking him out to end the WBC)?

Harper still has 2 MVPs, is now beloved in Philly, and in just 2+ years as multiple big playoff moments.

It's a shame Trout hasn't had opportunities (other than in 2014) to create signature moments in the postseason.  I know we take what he does for granted because we see him so much, but damn I wish we had more memorable moments from him.

I know it's not Trout's style or in his character to be vocal and emotional, but I loved what Manny Machado did in the game yesterday when he pulled his team together in the dugout to get them all focused on what they needed to do.  Like him or hate him, Machado plays the game with passion that's visible to the fans. He showed great leadership last night.  I appreciate that.  I love seeing that.  That's what makes sports interesting and fun to watch.

Mike Trout may go down in history as the greatest statistical player of his generation, but that's not what memories are made of for me.  I'm not a David Ortiz fan by any stretch, but his postseason heroics in clutch moments is the stuff legends are made of.  I want that for Trout.

I hope Trout gets more opportunities in the postseason before he retires.  Time is running out. 

9 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Maybe the catch he made in Baltimore in 2012?  Not sure even that one has national recognition, though. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Maybe the catch he made in Baltimore in 2012?  Not sure even that one has national recognition, though. 

That was truly one of the greatest moments I've ever watched.  It happened so early in Trout's career and gave us hope of what was to come.  I can't really think of any other signature moments that he's had since.  There must be some, but I can't recall.

2 minutes ago, T.G. said:

That was truly one of the greatest moments I've ever watched.  It happened so early in Trout's career and gave us hope of what was to come.  I can't really think of any other signature moments that he's had since.  There must be some, but I can't recall.

Yeah, I've been trying to think of some positive ones (not like Ohtani striking him out!), and, honestly, I can't. 

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I've been trying to think of some positive ones (not like Ohtani striking him out!), and, honestly, I can't. 

And yet... you can look at Vlad's career in Anaheim and there are several signature moments that were terrific to see. I'll never forget the way Vlad put the team on his shoulders in 2004 to get them into the postseason.  Torii Hunter had a walk off grand slam in his first year with the Angels and hit 3 homeruns in game during his time here.  Those were all great moments.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah he has highlights we remember just because we're angel fans (like him hitting a homer in 2013 to finish off the cycle), but how many people outside of California are going to remember that?

May be recency bias but seems like Ohtani already has more moments wearing a Dodger uniform in one year than the 6 he had here.

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Yeah he has highlights we remember just because we're angel fans (like him hitting a homer in 2013 to finish off the cycle), but how many people outside of California are going to remember that?

My only proof that it went at least at little beyond Southern California is that Graig Kreindler, who's probably the most well-known current baseball artist, did a painting of it. I freely admit that's not much evidence, though!