• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2024 MLB Playoffs Thread

1 hour ago, eligrba4ever said:

So that's what Shohei looks like in a victory celebration with a big trophy and a champagne shower. 

Below is a rough English translation of part of the source:

During the champagne shower, Ohtani responded to an NHK interview. 
"I'm relieved that we won, and I'm filled with the feeling that it's finally the World Series.This is my third champagne fight, but it's always fun. I'd like to do it one more time and finish this season off.  There have been many tough fights for victory this season, but finally made it this far thanks to everyone's hard work. I want to see it through to the end. Last year I had a lot of things going on, including having surgery, but I've come this far in just one year. There's not much left, so I strive to achieve to the end. The Yankees are a great team, so I'll just focus on each game. Today we celebrate together and move on to the next step."

Source in Japanese: Sponichi Annex on Oct. 21, 2024.

alright, this is probably a weird thought, but i find myself wondering about the carpet in the lockerroom after they're done dumping champagne and beer all over each other. that place must smell absolutely rank the next day. 

do you think they professionally clean it or just simply rip it up and replace it? 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

alright, this is probably a weird thought, but i find myself wondering about the carpet in the lockerroom after they're done dumping champagne and beer all over each other. that place must smell absolutely rank the next day. 

do you think they professionally clean it or just simply rip it up and replace it? 

Dude.  After 40 years, watching these, I wondered that last night too. 

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm sure it was a hard decision to go to a team that has made the playoffs 11 years in a row and waved 3/4 of a billion dollars at him. 

You're right, it was a no-brainer.

Neither Judge nor Ohtani were the most important parts of the playoff success for their teams. So far.

Under the biggest spotlight, I wonder if it will change?

Judge looked way out of sync a lot. Ohtani got better in the last round. Both were pitched to carefully and  were intentionally walked a few times. But now it's a reset.  

In the end it's the two best teams that survived in their leagues. And the two presumptive MVPs. So, no underdog factor for neutral fans. But a revival of a decades long rivalry is at least interesting enough to follow.

As a young  kid Mickey Mantle in his last twilight years was my first baseball idol. I still have his autograph and others from those sixties teams. I stopped being a fan when he retired and the Yankees imploded. And then Steinbrenner changed the face of the sport. So no loyalty, but a tiny twinge of nostalgia. 

Either way, I hope it's a close, good series.

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Neither Judge nor Ohtani were the most important parts of the playoff success for their teams. So far.

Remove Judge and Ohtani and neither club wins their division. Short series are always a crapshoot but 162 games requires that lineup stability and production. 

3 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Not surprised that two Tier 1 teams made the WS.  The methodology is solid.  

Both organization have worked tirelessly on instilling a winning culture. 

Hopefully the Angels will take some baby steps in that direction moving forward. 

Another way to look at it: the team with the best won-loss record in each league made it to the World Series. No tiers needed to understand that they're strong teams. 

13 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Another way to look at it: the team with the best won-loss record in each league made it to the World Series. No tiers needed to understand that they're strong teams. 

Except that The Tiers had them pegged in June.    That's the payoff.  Time is $.  Advance intelligence = $$.

On 10/17/2024 at 3:00 PM, jsnpritchett said:

I think they're doing ok.

National broadcasts (regular season and post season) are doing much better in terms of growth than the RSN regular season broadcasts.

Wild to think that an Angels playoff game was the answer to a "...most viewed since..." factoid.

3 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Except that The Tiers had them pegged in June.    That's the payoff.  Time is $.  Advance intelligence = $$.

i hope you don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. 

19 hours ago, Tank said:

Stanley Steemer Makes Your Home Cleaner!