• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2024 MLB Playoffs Thread

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

This game was broadcast nationwide on NHK (Japanese public broadcaster) from 9:00 on Saturday, Japan time. Therefore, many people happened to have the TV on,  even if they are not particularly interested in baseball.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am just guessing but a 5:08 eastern will draw and hold more audience than the 8 pm start time on the same coast. 

Just the other day, the argument from you and Arch was Dodgers/Mets getting stuck with the day game because yankees get prime time, but now the 5PM EST game is actually the prime time game.

Can't wait for the reasoning tomorrow.

The HOF great Duke Snider always stressed the importance of inner diamond defense when he was a broadcaster with the Expos. An overlooked part of the game at times.

In the second inning last night the Mets (especially the pitcher) totally messed that up. As well during the playoffs, we've seen plays at the various bases where balls were mishandled or throws were bad. And often led to longer innings with more stress on the pitcher. 

Little things add up. No one is perfect, and errors are part of the game. But under playoff pressure execution on defense is critical. 

3 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Just the other day, the argument from you and Arch was Dodgers/Mets getting stuck with the day game because yankees get prime time, but now the 5PM EST game is actually the prime time game.

Can't wait for the reasoning tomorrow.

My point was running the two games out of time zone sync was stupid. The Yankees should have started their game at the east coast time zone to reach their fan base at a reasonable hour while the Dodgers play in their time zone for their fan base. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My point was running the two games out of time zone sync was stupid. The Yankees should have started their game at the east coast time zone to reach their fan base at a reasonable hour while the Dodgers play in their time zone for their fan base. 

Again, it's really simple: they just rotate which game starts first when there are multiple games on the same day. That's it. That's all there is to it. 

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What about the Mets fans?

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Again, it's really simple: they just rotate which game starts first when there are multiple games on the same day. That's it. That's all there is to it. 

It is stupid to follow a cookie cutter plan. And networks wonder why they lose money everywhere. 

Judge just hit a middle HR in the top of the 8th to tie the game at 3 with 2 outs of Clase.

The best closer in the game has now been taken deep twice with the game on the line in the post season.

Edited by PattyD22

14 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Now THIS is the kind of playoff game I’ve wanted to see.

Noel hammers a 2 run shot with 2 outs to tie the game.

Hold my beer!!

man, that was a blast!

5-5 T10 in cleveland. no ghost runner during the playoffs apparently.