• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (9/28/24): Rangers @ Angels: Canning on the mound, Schanuel still out

Funny thing happened on the way to an Angels victory. And I dozed off and missed it.

The Texas Sweep play is still intact. I don't even wanna know how that happened, but when I scrolled through the final 24 posts I noticed something about Quijada and pitch selection. And that explained everything. I missed the Angels taking a lead and then missed how they gave it all back. 

I'm looking forward to the finale, which I assume will be Angels Loss No. 99.

I know the following is a broken record, but ... 

GO ANGELS!!!

DON'T GET SWEPT INTO 2025.

Angels Baseball 2024.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

the only way quijada should be in tempe next february is if he buys a ticket. 

there is absolutely no reason to hang on to him past tomorrow. 

I was one of the people who wanted to keep Quijada, but these last few weeks have changed my tune.

I knew the fastball-only approach wasn't gonna be sustainable, and he's just losing it lately.

A seemingly small moment really was important as it turned out. That missed third strike pitch that was called a ball that would have ended the eighth inning. Instead, Texas scored twice and stayed in touch.  

Can't excuse bad pitching after that. Nor bad defense.

Three walks, a HBP, two errors when you enter the bottom of the ninth leading by three? 

It was obvious that Quijada was rattled and had no control. But no one bailed him out either. Including a pathetic bottom of the ninth. 

Tough for Contrero. Hits his first homer but overthrows the cut off man for the decisive run. But he has virtually no outfield experience. 

Tough again for Canning who looked like the sure winner. 

Ironic that it was fan appreciation night. The booing at the end sounded intense listening on surround sound headphones.  

Even the ever ultra optimistic Patrick O'Neal had a tone of disgust at the ending.  

At this point with this lineup losing is expected most of the time. But how they fell apart at home on this night goes beyond embarrassment. Coming just after the humiliation of being swept in Chicago, and now on a five game losing streak. 

Looks to me from look on RW the fire is gone from his belly. OH. he was right they need some MLB players. It is obvious by the way this team is playing RW needs to go. Get some young manager in here. Time for letting RW take his AARP card and pancake glove into retirement. Bringing him back could be considered a form of elder abuse.