• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Your Top Five Favorite Players to Watch Ever

Don

We’re at the end of a rough season that everyone saw coming, I know. It’s not the happiest of times, but maybe this thread can help us engage in some healthy debate and share some fun stories/memories.

What I’m asking is that everyone share their five favorite players to watch all time. Not the best you’ve ever seen necessarily, or the greatest in terms of their career or a season. Just the ballplayers you got the greatest joy out of watching day in and day out. My personal top five, with all the bias (and I know Shohei has to be on here, but it’s too soon emotionally y’all):

1. David Eckstein

2. Vladimir Guerrero

3. Pedro Martinez

4. Ichiro

5. Bengie Molina

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

1. Nolan Ryan

2. Ozzie Smith

3. Pete Rose

4. Rickey Henderson

5. Vlad Sr

I’m always a bit disappointed that I didn’t get to really see Ryan when he was at his best. Like I remember him still pitching when I was young, but it was before I really had a feel for/understanding of the game.

15 minutes ago, Don said:

I’m always a bit disappointed that I didn’t get to really see Ryan when he was at his best. Like I remember him still pitching when I was young, but it was before I really had a feel for/understanding of the game.

I went to about 10 games in 1974 including maybe 5 of his starts. Him on the mound at the Big A literally doubled the attendance. From pitch to pitch it was always an adventure