• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

state of the franchise 2024

Jackyboy

Hello everyone, I was born and raised less than a mile from the Big A in the 60’s-early 70’s. Always an Angels fan. I’ve obviously seen the ups and downs of the team but the team in the 2020’s has been nothing but disappointing. I’ve always loved Mike Trout but for the three of the last four years he’s played 82 games or less and the other year was only 119. Why does he get knocked out for most of the year so much? He always try’s but it’s getting to look like he’ll never play close to a full season ever again. Rendon doesn’t seem to care during the short stints when he’s not injured. Yeah Anthony, I know your priorities have changed and you don’t care anymore. They could have kept Ohtani and left room on the payroll if they got creative like the Dodgers did. Ohtani’s agent said they gave the Angels the chance to match it but they declined. He’s only a once in a lifetime player so who cares, right? Farm system is ranked among the worst in MLB and has been long enough to have been fixed not getting worse. Today they set the franchise record for losses in a season with 96. This while being swept by the 120 loss white sox. On the bright side there are a few good young players like Neto, Ohoppe and Joyce but they need much more especially pitching. There seems to be no way out of this cycle of paying huge amounts of money to players that are always injured. Every year by August (earlier this year) the team looks like it’s straight out of AAA. The team seems to have no plan on how to get better. I was very happy to hear Arte was selling the team but then he decided not to do it. Is it time for a Frank McCourt style boycott to make him go away?

44 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I didn’t go to a single angel game, refuse to buy and merch, etc… 

when I look at the stadium during stupid giveaways, the damn place is almost sold out… Arte will Never change as long as the money keeps rolling in. 

I’m sure he’s seeing the financial impact.  Doesn’t mean he will sell but there’s absolutely no chance it has t impacted the team financially. 

I am not “boycotting.”  That is an active discipline.

I am just genuinely not interested in tuning in or going to games because the current state of the product sucks and my time and money are better spent elsewhere.

People lacking actual interest is a far worse state of affairs than fans wanting to go but temporarily mad enough to “boycott.”

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’m sure he’s seeing the financial impact.  Doesn’t mean he will sell but there’s absolutely no chance it has t impacted the team financially. 

It has Strad.  A few months back, I told a story about a friend who works at the Big A.  She told me that Artie laid off a bunch of concession workers and security staff, and this was around June.

Well last night, a saw this friend again and she told me something even crazier.  She said employees are now being paid on a “scale” depending on what level they work on.  So workers working on Field and Terrace levels (100 & 200) get paid more than workers on View Level (400 & 500).  This works out to be several $100 dollars a week it appears.

As owner, I don’t know how much say Artie has in the employee contracts, but this seems to suggest your point is correct.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

It has Strad.  A few months back, I told a story about a friend who works at the Big A.  She told me that Artie laid off a bunch of concession workers and security staff, and this was around June.

Well last night, a saw this friend again and she told me something even crazier.  She said employees are now being paid on a “scale” depending on what level they work on.  So workers working on Field and Terrace levels (100 & 200) get paid more than workers on View Level (400 & 500).  This works out to be several $100 dollars a week it appears.

As owner, I don’t know how much say Artie has in the employee contracts, but this seems to suggest your point is correct.

Arte isn’t feeling the financial impact, but the folks he leaves unemployed or finds ways not to pay their fair share are.

7 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

That’s fucked up.

8 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I can’t imagine that’s correct at least not the “several hundred dollars part”. These are part time jobs making approximately minimum wage. In order for it to be several hundred dollars a week they’d have to make $10 more per hour based on about a 30 hour work week. So if some have tenure and get paid a lot more then that makes some sense. Otherwise it’s nonsense. 
Not a defense of Arte it just seems like an exaggeration.