• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Team Statistics Rankings

Hubs

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/majors/2024.shtml

Batting

Angels rank 27th in Runs per Game at 3.96. Also 27th in total Runs (obviously).

28th in Hits. 28th in doubles. Tied for 24th in triples. 22nd in HR. 27th in RBI.

They are above league average in steals! 10th place! -- but they also rank 28th in Caught Stealing (3rd Most)

18th in walks. 12th in strikeouts. 28th in batting average. Tied for 25th in OBP. 27th in Slugging. 26th in OPS.

They managed just 12.2 WAR from their position players.

Pitching:

Angels rank 26th in Runs Allowed per game (5th most). Tied for 24th in Saves. Slightly above average in hits allowed per game, but rank 18th (12th most). 23rd in HR allowed (8th most).

29th in strikeouts. 29th in walks allowed (2nd most). 29th in FIP. 26th in ERA.

They managed just 8.6 WAR from their pitchers.

They need help at 2-3 positions, internal improvement from their young core, better health, better minor league depth. A breakout performance from someone like Schanuel, Adell or Moore.

They need 1-2 SP, probably 1 more veteran reliever in addition to Quijada, Stephenson. 

Perry is going to have to make a lot of changes going forward.

Get Ron Washington some MAJOR LEAGUE CALIBER PLAYERS.

Get Ron Washington a bench coach (manager in waiting) and hire an assistant GM in charge of major league scouting and one overseeing all of player development.... Trades. Free Agency. 

A lot of changes going to happen, I think.

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They need help at 2-3 positions, internal improvement from their young core, better health, better minor league depth. A breakout performance from someone like Schanuel, Adell or Moore.

They need 1-2 SP, probably 1 more veteran reliever in addition to Quijada, Stephenson. 

Perry is going to have to make a lot of changes going forward.

Get Ron Washington some MAJOR LEAGUE CALIBER PLAYERS.

Get Ron Washington a bench coach (manager in waiting) and hire an assistant GM in charge of major league scouting and one overseeing all of player development.... Trades. Free Agency. 

Doubt It Season 8 GIF by The Office

Hope I'm wrong, but not holding my breath waiting for the changes they need to make.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Doubt It Season 8 GIF by The Office

Hope I'm wrong, but not holding my breath waiting for the changes they need to make.

You don't think that losing this badly makes Moreno pissed off? His ego will drive a lot of moves. I just hope they are successful ones.

A thought popped into my head earlier today before seeing Washington’s comments and I’m guessing it’s from looking at box scores the last so many weeks. Hypothetically if the league held a draft every player went into when would we see Angels players get picked? I’m guessing Neto or Trout go first and unless it’s someone hoping for a huge bounce back Trout isn’t going top 100 and I don’t think Neto would either. The pitchers…yeah they’re way down there. This franchise needs a combination of things to go right to put an average team on the field - health, young guys continuing to improve, some peanut FA signing(s) to outproduce their contract and the list goes on. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Batting

28th in Hits. 28th in doubles. Tied for 24th in triples. 22nd in HR. 27th in RBI.

They are above league average in steals! 10th place! -- but they also rank 28th in Caught Stealing (3rd Most)

18th in walks. 12th in strikeouts. 28th in batting average. Tied for 25th in OBP. 27th in Slugging. 26th in OPS.

Pitching:

Angels rank 26th in Runs Allowed per game (5th most). Tied for 24th in Saves. Slightly above average in hits allowed per game, but rank 18th (12th most). 23rd in HR allowed (8th most).

Stellar.

But who are we to judge?

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

A lot NEED to happen, I just don't believe they're going to. A lot has needed to happen for the better part of Moreno's ownership, and resources have continue to be allocated horribly. He's given zero supporting evidence to be able to make a correct decision, so I can't hold my breath for that until the team is sold or I'm proved wrong. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

You don't think that losing this badly makes Moreno pissed off? His ego will drive a lot of moves. I just hope they are successful ones.

No. I don't think he even knows what team he owns, let alone what sport they play. I'm hoping that by beating their worst record ever, it at least gives him some motivation to sell. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

A thought popped into my head earlier today before seeing Washington’s comments and I’m guessing it’s from looking at box scores the last so many weeks. Hypothetically if the league held a draft every player went into when would we see Angels players get picked? I’m guessing Neto or Trout go first and unless it’s someone hoping for a huge bounce back Trout isn’t going top 100 and I don’t think Neto would either. The pitchers…yeah they’re way down there. This franchise needs a combination of things to go right to put an average team on the field - health, young guys continuing to improve, some peanut FA signing(s) to outproduce their contract and the list goes on. 

In the top two rounds of a hypothetical all MLB draft (60 picks), I think only Neto and O'Hoppe are possibly picked. Maybe not. Maybe Trout, but the contract is huge still, so maybe not. Ben Joyce is probably picked in round 3 or 4. The majority of the the Angels team would go in the late rounds 18-26.

13 hours ago, Hubs said:

Batting

Pitching:

You did some good research. Ouch. That is ridiculous, utterly abysmal. I bet their defensive stats were as equally poor. How did the team's defensive metrics stack up versus the league?