• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Damn Wash No Filter

Ron Mexico

I don’t think it’s a big deal because, first of all, he’s right.

But second, I wouldn’t be worried about hurting any players feelings. The players know which category they fall into. And who cares what the players who aren’t part of the next winning team think? Any desirable players aren’t gonna not sign with the Angels because of Wash’s comments, because they aren’t these trash AAA players.

There are many major league players who respect Washington for how he has changed their game. If any Angel players are offended by the truth being revealed, they need to look in the mirror. His comments have nothing to do with his age….he just has the credibility to say what everyone else knows is true but is afraid to say.  Minasian assembled a giant pile of garbage he called depth.

Minasian needs to be better in all aspects of roster building. Arte needs to provide Minasian with the financial resources required for player evaluations, player development and player conditioning.

The only position players I want to see next year are Neto, Schanuel, O’Hoppe and Adell.  Everyone else can either be traded or released.

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Sounds like Arte has not followed through with what he told Ron when hiring him.

Ron obviously though Ohtani was staying "can't let the cat out of the bag"

Arte has stuck his head in a hole since Dodgers signed Ohtani and needs to wake up or just sell. 

It would be very in-character for Arte to knowingly lie to a potential manager.

3 hours ago, eligrba said:

There are many major league players who respect Washington for how he has changed their game. If any Angel players are offended by the truth being revealed, they need to look in the mirror. His comments have nothing to do with his age….he just has the credibility to say what everyone else knows is true but is afraid to say.  Minasian assembled a giant pile of garbage he called depth.

Minasian needs to be better in all aspects of roster building. Arte needs to provide Minasian with the financial resources required for player evaluations, player development and player conditioning.

The only position players I want to see next year are Neto, Schanuel, O’Hoppe and Adell.  Everyone else can either be traded or released.

Ward has finished pretty strong. With getting face drilled I think he's recovered fairly well. 

Trout is Trout. He's our starting DH or CO next year. 

Moniak has potential to be a nice platoon/4th OF. 

but yeah these AAAA players don't look very good. 

You have to consider this a worst case scenario September

The players they expected to have

Missing right now: Trout, Rendon, Rengifo, Adell, Sandoval, Soriano, Joyce

Recently injured: Neto, Schanuel

Playing like shit: Drury, Matt Moore, second half O'Hoppe

Never really got going: Silseth, Bachman, Stephenson

Position players I’d like to see return next year:

Trout, O’Hoppe, Neto, Ward, Schanuel, Adell, Thais, Rengifo and maybe Moniak.  
I don’t need to see Waggaman, Stefanic, Lopez, or Kavades (I didn’t see the value in learning to spell some of their names). 

Pitchers:

Detmers, Anderson, Koch, Dana, Soriano, Joyce, Zeferjahn, 
Burke, it feels like I’m missing a couple.  
I don’t need to see Quijada or Moore or Suarez.  I’m indifferent about Canning although there’s value in a healthy arm that took the ball every start in a season.  

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

You have to consider this a worst case scenario September

The players they expected to have

Missing right now: Trout, Rendon, Rengifo, Adell, Sandoval, Soriano, Joyce

Recently injured: Neto, Schanuel

Playing like shit: Drury, Matt Moore, second half O'Hoppe

Never really got going: Silseth, Bachman, Stephenson

Can we just stop referencing Rendon as if him being injured means anything? 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Pitchers:

Detmers, Anderson, Koch, Dana, Soriano, Joyce, Zeferjahn, 
Burke, it feels like I’m missing a couple.  
I don’t need to see Quijada or Moore or Suarez.  I’m indifferent about Canning although there’s value in a healthy arm that took the ball every start in a season.  

you're missing sandoval when he returns from TJS. i'd put him in the canning indifference category. 

i'd also keep fulmer, crouse, and miller, and see if strickland is willing to comeback. 

adios contreras. i have no opinion on marte, or zuniga. 

other than that, i like your list. 

22 hours ago, eligrba said:

Wash is good at covering his ass.  What better way to deflect from being the biggest loser in Angel franchise history than to throw 23 yr old kids under the bus publically.