• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Damn Wash No Filter

Ron Mexico

5 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Wow 

Well, he's right in a way. The young ones need to grow into big leaguers in A, AA, or AAA. I'm thinking of Dana in particular. Not at all ready, his first start notwithstanding. 

The real disappointment is the weird regression of Detmers, Sandoval, and maybe Canning. They were supposed to be a core three of our rotation, but might need to go back to the beginning and learn how to pitch.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Well, he's right in a way. The young ones need to grow into big leaguers in A, AA, or AAA. I'm thinking of Dana in particular. Not at all ready, his first start notwithstanding. 

The real disappointment is the weird regression of Detmers, Sandoval, and maybe Canning. They were supposed to be a core three of our rotation, but might need to go back to the beginning and learn how to pitch.

Starting to get a not so good vibe about Enright

14 minutes ago, T.G. said:

If the players on the team are offended... well, then.... they're snow flakes.

100%. I mean, he's not wrong but i'm guessing he's referring to the Jack Lopez's, Eric Wagaman's and the young core and rookies prone to making mistakes due to inexperience in that statement.

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Starting to get a not so good vibe about Enright

Why?

The Angels have the best bullpen ERA in baseball since mid-June, and it was by a wide margin for awhile, and it’s held even after Estevez and Garcia being dealt.

Detmers’ ERA is obviously atrocious, and while he did take a step back, he isn’t horribly different from last year.

• 2023: 8.5 H9, 1.2 HR9, 3.6 BB9, 10.2 K9
  • 2024: 9.8 H9, 1.6 HR9, 4.0 BB9, 10.6 K9

I think he’s been tremendously unlucky, and the Blum article about his time in AAA seemed to hint a little bit about some potential coachability issues, or at the very least some mental blocks, either being too stubborn or unable to let mistakes go. 

Sandoval also virtually identical in some aspects, if anything, the peripherals actually were a reasonable improvement.

• 2023: 9.0 H9, 0.7 HR9, 4.6 BB9, 8.0 K9
  • 2024: 9.6 H9, 0.9 HR, 4.0 BB9, 9.2 K9

Canning on the other hand was a very clear step back in just about every way, but I don’t think he had anywhere to go but down, IMO. Last year has felt like his best-case outcome for awhile. 

Soriano and Anderson have pitched well, as have Kochanowicz and Aldegheri in brief times, though Enright doesn’t have much influence there.

I think it’s way too premature to indict Enright yet. It takes time to get in, assess the problems, determine a plan to fix those problems, communicate those problems in a way players can digest, especially those that who aren’t buying in due to failures of prior coaching or analytics, and having those players translate that work into success. Plus even a good first-time pitching coach likely isn’t gonna nail it in his first year, he’ll be making his own adjustments. Six months is nowhere near enough time to know yet, good or bad. 

Personally I’ve been encouraged more than I have been in awhile with the coaching staff. I think a lot of the struggles can be attributed to young players, some really bad luck, and inconsistent buy-in from players a little more entrenched. 

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Why?

The Angels have the best bullpen ERA in baseball since mid-June, and it was by a wide margin for awhile, and it’s held even after Estevez and Garcia being dealt.

Detmers’ ERA is obviously atrocious, and while he did take a step back, he isn’t horribly different from last year.

• 2023: 8.5 H9, 1.2 HR9, 3.6 BB9, 10.2 K9
  • 2024: 9.8 H9, 1.6 HR9, 4.0 BB9, 10.6 K9

I think he’s been tremendously unlucky, and the Blum article about his time in AAA seemed to hint a little bit about some potential coachability issues, or at the very least some mental blocks, either being too stubborn or unable to let mistakes go. 

Sandoval also virtually identical in some aspects, if anything, the peripherals actually were a reasonable improvement.

• 2023: 9.0 H9, 0.7 HR9, 4.6 BB9, 8.0 K9
  • 2024: 9.6 H9, 0.9 HR, 4.0 BB9, 9.2 K9

Canning on the other hand was a very clear step back in just about every way, but I don’t think he had anywhere to go but down, IMO. Last year has felt like his best-case outcome for awhile. 

Soriano and Anderson have pitched well, as have Kochanowicz and Aldegheri in brief times, though Enright doesn’t have much influence there.

I think it’s way too premature to indict Enright yet. It takes time to get in, assess the problems, determine a plan to fix those problems, communicate those problems in a way players can digest, especially those that who aren’t buying in due to failures of prior coaching or analytics, and having those players translate that work into success. Plus even a good first-time pitching coach likely isn’t gonna nail it in his first year, he’ll be making his own adjustments. Six months is nowhere near enough time to know yet, good or bad. 

Personally I’ve been encouraged more than I have been in awhile with the coaching staff. I think a lot of the struggles can be attributed to young players, some really bad luck, and inconsistent buy-in from players a little more entrenched. 

Agreed. I want a manager in waiting at Bench Coach, whether thats Hunter or Goins or someone else. We can say Washington has all the energy in the world, and yet, with a core of guys that are in their early to mid 20's, he's almost 50 years older! tough to connect to a guy who could easily be your grandfather.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

So you’re creating an issue that doesn’t exist. Cool.

2 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

I get it but how the players going to feel that their manager thinks they suck ass. Even if he thinks that he should never say it publicly 

Taylor - I'm done responding to anything you post.