• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (9/26/24 11:10am Pacific): Angels @ White Sox: Anderson on the mound, no Schanuel, Wagaman hitting 3rd

jsnpritchett

This had to be the most embarrassing series of Arte's ownership. 

And the fifth inning the most humiliating.

This team as currently constituted is just plain terrible. That's been a given for most of the season. But there isn't an ounce of pride or passion in them. They are beaten before they step onto the field. With the collective body language of losers who don't care. 

Manager, coaches, does anyone make a positive difference?

The White Sox in comparison seem to care more and have some pride, despite their season and record. Even the 1962 Mets gave their fans entertainment. The Angels are mostly a collection of dour, robotic has beens and minor leaguers. 

Neto getting easily thrown out and injuring himself on the play symbolizes what this season has been like.  

By all rights, this should have been game 162 at home to put an exclamation point to this season.

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

This had to be the most embarrassing series of Arte's ownership. 

In August of 2012, Tampa Bay visited Anaheim for a four-game series. In their previous game, against King Felix, the Rays did not have a single baserunner.

On Thursday, the Angels got shut out 7-0.

Jered Weaver had the worst start of his career (at that point) in the Friday night game, allowing 9 earned runs. He went from having the best ERA in the AL on Friday night to the fifth-best on Saturday morning. 

On Saturday, the Angels honored the 2002 team and then proceeded to blow an 8-0 lead - the largest blown home lead in the franchise's history - to lose 10-8. 

On Sunday, Greinke gave up 6 earned runs in 6 innings and the Angels lost 8-3 to complete the sweep. 

That was the most embarrassing series I can remember.

This isn't even Top 10.

Partly because this team is awful.

Mostly because I simply don't care about the organization like I used to. 

2 hours ago, Halo in Chicago said:

So I know you won’t answer so I don’t know why I bother, but why the gigantic boner for Nevin? Are you a Fullerton grad? 

I wanted him to succeed, but he royally sucked. Keeping him would have been a losing proposition. 

No one thought this team was going to be good this year. You don’t win 73 games with the best player in baseball, lose him, replace him with no one and think you’re improving…

I’m not sold on Walsh, but this is a crap team in a crap situation. 

Good questions.   Obviously I didn't agree with the change.   Didn't think it would make a tangible difference.   Thought Perry wanted to deflect accountability by doing "something" as he called it.

I am a proponent of "energy and edge" in a leader, and imo Phil graded higher than Wash. 

Am I taking a "victory lap" now?   Yes. 

The reason for that is due to all the "never Nevin" posters, who railed for his leaving as if that would be the panacea for all that ailed the franchise.

Also, for those that say the 2024 team sucking so bad was "bad luck".                I don't  believe in "bad luck".   There is always a reason. 

* Strad will react to this with a negative emoji because:

A.  He knows I'm right

B.  He is envious when someone posts a cogent thought. 

Edited by Swordsman78

58 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Good questions.   Obviously I didn't agree with the change.   Didn't think it would make a tangible difference.   Thought Perry wanted to deflect accountability by doing "something" as he called it.

I am a proponent of "energy and edge" in a leader, and imo Phil graded higher than Wash. 

Am I taking a "victory lap" now?   Yes. 

The reason for that is due to all the "never Nevin" posters, who railed for his leaving as if that would be the panacea for all that ailed the franchise.

Also, for those that say the 2024 team sucking so bad was "bad luck".                I don't  believe in "bad luck".   There is always a reason. 

* Strad will react to this with a negative emoji because:

A.  He knows I'm right

B.  He is envious when someone posts a cogent thought. 

Ok. Fair enough. Thanks for responding. 

I’m not sure changing managers made a big change. We sucked last year and we sucked this year. I’m also not a big Perry fan, so fair point. 

I guess I don’t get the “bad luck” and “always a reason” point. In 2023 with Nevin and Ohtani we sucked to the tune of 73 wins. In 2024 we removed Ohtani and didn’t replace him. So it seems obvious to me we would lose more games no matter who is managing. 

Do you think Nevin would have won more games this year? If so, why?

i don’t think he would have Bc I think we had a better team last year than we did this year. 

12 hours ago, Halo in Chicago said:

Ok. Fair enough. Thanks for responding. 

I’m not sure changing managers made a big change. We sucked last year and we sucked this year. I’m also not a big Perry fan, so fair point. 

I guess I don’t get the “bad luck” and “always a reason” point. In 2023 with Nevin and Ohtani we sucked to the tune of 73 wins. In 2024 we removed Ohtani and didn’t replace him. So it seems obvious to me we would lose more games no matter who is managing. 

Do you think Nevin would have won more games this year? If so, why?

i don’t think he would have Bc I think we had a better team last year than we did this year. 

Do I think Nevin would have won more games ?   Probably a rhetorical question but considering that no Angel manager ever has lost as many games as Wash, I would lean toward " yes, Nevin most likely wins more games". 

Edited by Swordsman78

10 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Do I think Nevin would have won more games ?   Probably a rhetorical question but considering that no Ange manager ever has lost as many games as Wash, I would lean toward " yes, Nevin most likely wins more games". 

I've certainly underestimated the depth of your ignorance concerning baseball, sports and leadership qualities.  I humbly apologize.