• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (9/26/24 11:10am Pacific): Angels @ White Sox: Anderson on the mound, no Schanuel, Wagaman hitting 3rd

jsnpritchett

Sad day in the East Bay. A once-glorious franchise that won 4 world series out of the 5 it had been in since leaving KC closed up shop today and will head to an indefinite stay in a 14,000-seat open air AAA field in Sacramento where it will share alternating homestands with the River Cats.  Not that the Coliseum was anything worthy of MLB after the Raiders got through mutillating the place. That was a million-dollar view of the Oakland Hills which got replaced by that NFL monstrosity. And of course, there were the plumbing problems as the decades went by.

I used to see most Angels' weekend visits to that place when I lived in the Central Valley. The Halos won many of them. Hill Street Blues theme played the fans out of the place when the visitors won while "Celebration"  marked a home win. 

39 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

At least he did one thing he promised.  They did "run the west down",  down all the way to the bottom. 

So I know you won’t answer so I don’t know why I bother, but why the gigantic boner for Nevin? Are you a Fullerton grad? 

I wanted him to succeed, but he royally sucked. Keeping him would have been a losing proposition. 

No one thought this team was going to be good this year. You don’t win 73 games with the best player in baseball, lose him, replace him with no one and think you’re improving…

I’m not sold on Walsh, but this is a crap team in a crap situation. 

We'll see how many Season Seat Holders who re-upped in September 2023, hoping that Ohtani would sign, are going to renew for 2025.  I don't have much faith that there will be the mass exodus that there should be.

Fear not.....the value of the franchise to Arte will go up, regardless.  He won't get one dime from me, and I'm not going to even pay $1 to those who are stuck trying to sell their season seats.  It's a bummer, because I'd like to go see a game, though it's much more comfortable watching them lose from my couch.

How anybody could blame Ohtani for leaving this dumpster fire, is beyond me.  Maybe he can send Trout a postcard from wherever they're playing next week, that says, "Wish You Were Here."