• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Rock Bottom

TheLordofOuts

We are well on our way to having the worst season in Angel history. It's been 15 years since the team won a playoff game, 22 years since the one and only championship.  The best player in baseball, who once wore an Angel uniform, is up the freeway having a historic season.  Trout and Rendon spend more time on the DL than on the field. Minasian doesn't seem like he understands how to evaluate players and Arte is still the owner.  It can't possibly get worse, right??   

The way it gets "worse" is by having the same thing happen year after year after year.  

It does make you wonder if Arte has some kind of dementia, because there's no possible way he can look at his stewardship of this club and think "Yep, I'm doing great.  It's everyone else that sucks"

If I were as humiliatingly bad at something as he's been, being so far underwater that he can't repair the damage in his lifetime, even if he knew how, and knowing he could become obscenely wealthy just by walking away, I'd have sold, changed my name, and left the country long ago.  

It can't be "pride" anymore - that'd be delusional ...

It just occurred to me, he's not doing this out of incompetence, he's sticking around, sabotaging the team, because he hates us. 

The only rational explanation.  

Attendence matters. 

When (if) attendence drops significantly then that will be a sign Arte can't ignore. 

It's not just the drop in income, though that is a factor. It will be a highly visible statement that fans have given up on reliving this Groundhog Day scenario. 

Maybe a scene like we saw in Cleveland some years ago, with a lone guy pounding a drum in the bleachers would be a defining statement. 

Or just the sparse sprinkling of fans we see in other losing parks. Foul balls rattling off the seats and no one there to go after them. Or interested enough to bother.

Apathy is what Arte deserves. 

But Angels still draw respectfully

And you can bet the hype machine will get rolling in the off season. 

21 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Maybe the 5-10 year rebuild will start next year. I think the third wild card by 2029 is reasonable. 

Your needle is stuck again.

image.gif

I think the last time you had an original (or new) thought was 1979.  Now I understand your handle.