• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Wannabe AAA Team

Fanster

How much longer can we put up with this wannabe AAA team they call the Los Angeles Angels? This is one of the most pathetically performing assemblage of players I can remember seeing in Anaheim and I’ve been supporting this franchise since the 70’s. Yes, there are some obvious individual talents on this team… but they aren’t a TEAM. Ron Washington is a good manager.. he just has to deal with an owner who is working at cross purposes. Moreno should be hanging his head in shame. Finally Trout has spoken publicly about his ownership and the gross mishandling of the franchise over the years…the paltry investment in a farm system.. the hamhanded lack of strategy when it came to surrounding Ohtani and Trout with the right players.. the horrendous free agent deals…

I beg you Arte Moreno.. do the decent thing and respect the fans and SELL this team !

Look, the Angels are not the worst team in sports. But they haven't been a great one after probably 8-10 seasons of being a top MLB team. We all know the deficiencies in Arte's management style. Selling the team could get us an owner like Reinsdorf, Fisher, or McCourt, too.

Arte spends money (on free agents) and with the record losses coming, I imagine he will spend on free agency, but still not on organizational things. He might remodel the locker room, and he apparently is improving the ST facilities.

He's not selling. 

If he didn't take the 3B offer that kept him a 10% owner...he's not selling.

15 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Look, the Angels are not the worst team in sports. But they haven't been a great one after probably 8-10 seasons of being a top MLB team. We all know the deficiencies in Arte's management style. Selling the team could get us an owner like Reinsdorf, Fisher, or McCourt, too.

Arte spends money (on free agents) and with the record losses coming, I imagine he will spend on free agency, but still not on organizational things. He might remodel the locker room, and he apparently is improving the ST facilities.

He's not selling. 

If he didn't take the 3B offer that kept him a 10% owner...he's not selling.

Worst team? No. Worst organization? Still no but absolutely in the top (bottom?) 5. 

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Worst team? No. Worst organization? Still no but absolutely in the top (bottom?) 5. 

I would say that there are 5 worse organizations in baseball. Oakland for sure, the Rockies, White Sox, Marlins, Nationals. 

Then Angels, Pirates, Rays in the next tier.

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

It's irrelevant.  When you suck, you suck.  How you rank in suckitude doesn't matter.  Sucking just sucks.

I just get optimistic this time of year, after a disappointing season, I think the only way to go is up.

This team needs help, for sure, but they also have some positives.

Maybe we need to lose 110 games for a few years and restock the farm with top draft picks as Houston and Baltimore did. 

Get a new owner and front office who wants to win and understand what it takes.

And finally, get some quality free agents, especially pitchers, who are not 30 years old and cost hundreds of millions of dollars. No more shiny objects who break down or regress the minute they get here.

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

I would say that there are 5 worse organizations in baseball. Oakland for sure, the Rockies, White Sox, Marlins, Nationals. 

Rays don’t belong anywhere close to a tier with the Angels.

Marlins and Nats are a tier above the Angels.

9 minutes ago, BTH said:

Their player development is top notch, but their stadium sucks, budget sucks, and owner won't spend to compete.

Marlins have a worse record, poor player development and an owner that never spends either. But they have a cool stadium. 

Edited by Hubs

8 hours ago, Hubs said:

4 hours ago, BTH said:

clearly, we need someone to create a detailed tier system around here.