• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Should it be the LA, Anaheim or California Angels?

Should it be the LA, Anaheim or California Angels?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which "Angels" do you prefer?

• Los Angeles Angels
    • Anaheim Angels
    • California Angels
    • Other (Specify below)

i find it oddly curious that the angels never, ever refer to themselves as los angeles. it's not used inside the big a, and it's not used on any of their tv broadcasts. and even though they have a historical connection to when they first joined the league, there's no reference at all in their merchandise or uniforms. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Its about owning your stadium location as part of your team name. It should be the New Jersey Giants and New Jersey Jets. It's not a city or even county conflict, it's an entire state. By your own accord, they need to own it, they are the Meadowlands, they are New Jersey. 

I don't give even the tiniest little fuck what the Giants and Jets do

12 hours ago, katie said:

The Yankees’ address is Bronx, NY, not NY, NY

Bronx is a borough of the city of New York just like Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island are. It is not a seperate incorporated city. Yes, the Dodgers were once the Brooklyn Dodgers -- how did that work out for them -- but again, the same situation as with the Bronx.

22 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I live in New Hampshire so tbh I really do not give a shit. This organization has far bigger issues than the name. 

They could move to Manchester and call themselves the "Old Man of the Mountain Angels". Then again, the Old Man lost his face years ago, so, no?

Being more serious than I should be, what I suspect is that whenever a new regime takes over the Angels there’s a pretty good chance this part of the Arte era will be undone.  Hopefully they don’t take it back to Anaheim, because that’s more embarrassing than whatever it is people don’t like about LA.  Anaheim is a suburb.  The Angels should claim all of the regional rights that are theirs and if they have to be LA to do that then that’s what they should do.

from a historical perspective. If that’s the most important thing, then going back to California makes the most sense.  Conveniently, that also probably doesn’t interfere with the regional broadcasting stuff.  

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Being more serious than I should be, what I suspect is that whenever a new regime takes over the Angels there’s a pretty good chance this part of the Arte era will be undone.  Hopefully they don’t take it back to Anaheim, because that’s more embarrassing than whatever it is people don’t like about LA.  Anaheim is a suburb.  The Angels should claim all of the regional rights that are theirs and if they have to be LA to do that then that’s what they should do.

from a historical perspective. If that’s the most important thing, then going back to California makes the most sense.  Conveniently, that also probably doesn’t interfere with the regional broadcasting stuff.  

It’s been mentioned in here that they can’t go back to California. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

It’s been mentioned in here that they can’t go back to California. 

There is a loophole. Arte needs to move the corporation headquarters to California City, just outside of Edward's Air Force Base and name the team the California city Angels. Just drop City (claim it's redundant) and it's California Angels. 

6 hours ago, Hubs said:

Why can't they go back to California Angels? Is this an MLB Rule? 

I mean I think they're sticking with Los Angeles. Anaheim is indeed a suburb.

apparently there is now a rule that teams can no longer use the state for their name. they've grandfathered in the rangers, twins, rockies, and the diamondbacks. 

15 hours ago, Tank said:

apparently there is now a rule that teams can no longer use the state for their name. they've grandfathered in the rangers, twins, rockies, and the diamondbacks. 

That makes no sense. We were California before all of those teams, and if we wanted to go back to that, they should let us.

That being said, LA is my preferred name....but California is a close 2nd. Other than winning the title, the Anaheim years are not my favorite uniform (though I did get a cool snapback hat I havent yet worn)...

10 hours ago, Hubs said:

That makes no sense. We were California before all of those teams, and if we wanted to go back to that, they should let us.

That being said, LA is my preferred name....but California is a close 2nd. Other than winning the title, the Anaheim years are not my favorite uniform (though I did get a cool snapback hat I havent yet worn)...

no argument here about using california. 

i guess it would have to be an action from the owners to change it(?) during their yearly meetings. not really sure who would have the authority for something like this.