• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Oh Canada

Taylor

I kind of want to move to Canada. We just spent a few days in Vancouver (yes, small sample size), and I was super impressed by the infrastructure, design, and sheer beauty of the city and surrounding areas. As soon as we got off the plane, we noticed an express Customs line for families with small children, which demonstrated what a country that actually cares for children and families looks like.

The U.S. healthcare system is a total scam. Imagine being able to see a doctor without worrying what it will cost. I’ve heard about the horrible wait times people experience with the Canadian health care system, but is it that much better in the U.S.? Our premium is close to $1,000 per month and we still have to jump through a million hoops to find a doctor who takes our insurance.

Anyway, it’s a pipe dream to move to a different country. But Canada seems like a great place to live.

I don't think Taylor does any research at all. The housing costs in Vancouver makes Irvine look affordable for a first time buyer. Add in property tax of  0.278070% of the homes assessed value (done yearly) and there is no way he can afford a home there. 

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

I don't think Taylor does any research at all. The housing costs in Vancouver makes Irvine look affordable for a first time buyer. Add in property tax of  0.278070% of the homes assessed value (done yearly) and there is no way he can afford a home there. 

You don’t have to talk about me like I’m not here.

I hear Vancouver is a really nice place to live.  Probably wet like Seattle, their closest US big city.  It's also fairly remote as north of Vancouver is just wilderness.  But I think Vancouver is the big major port city for Canada on the West side.  I'm sure just like any other major city, you can find a community to your liking.  Hard part is to get immigration to Canada.  Also, from watching a youtuber, prepare to get a PO Box in the US to get some mail, packages, as costs, duties are really high to ship to Canada.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

But at least your taxes are going to social services and not an overbloated defense budget.

Canada ranks higher than the U.S. for quality of life, education, healthcare, and life expectancy.

Looks fucking awesome!

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

But at least your taxes are going to social services and not an overbloated defense budget.

Canada ranks higher than the U.S. for quality of life, education, healthcare, and life expectancy.

I mean really, education is a byproduct of how much parental input a child gets.  Healthcare, if you are healthy, watch what you eat, exercise, etc only becomes relevant the older you get.  Life expectancy is also similar to eat, excercise, etc, although I would say that what's more important than life expectancy is exceeding your wealth in old age.  Even quality of life can be changed by location.  

In other words, Americans tend to be more fat and lazy.