• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

My daughter hit rock bottom as an angel fan last night

Erstad Grit

She's 12 so she hasn't seen any successful angel baseball 

We went last night for a school fundraiser. 

She looked at me and legit almost cried and said Dad were losing 6-0 to the worst team in the history of baseball? 

She might be becoming a Padres fan. She's cheered for them as a dodger hater, but they have a fun thing going on right now. 

This sucks. 

I had a miserable time as well and coaxed my wife to let us leave in the 6th.

Arte has really taken my favorite hobby and made it awful. 

13 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

was she part of the cheerleading squad or the band that played the anthem?

former student of mine had a kid in the band so he was there.

daughter and i took advantage of the $20 ticket deal mostly because she heard this was going to be their last time wearing the city connects this year (and maybe forever) and wanted to see them in person. she also wanted the city connect ice cream helmet but i promised her i wouldn't tell anyone here about it. 

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

daughter and i took advantage of the $20 ticket deal mostly because she heard this was going to be their last time wearing the city connects this year (and maybe forever) and wanted to see them in person. she also wanted the city connect ice cream helmet but i promised her i wouldn't tell anyone here about it. 

My niece was in the cheerleading squad for last nights game @Tank.  Best part of the game last night.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

Wait are we getting new city connects

14 hours ago, katie said:

Wait are we getting new city connects

i couldn't find any info on this.

what i recall about the city connects was that they were for three years, and every team would have one. to date, the yankees and a's are the only teams that haven't had one, a series that started in 2021, and the dodgers have had two. 

my daughter would like to see them become permanent, while i wouldn't mind using certain elements of them to do a reset on regular uniform, but that's a discussion for a different thread. 

17 hours ago, Tank said:

i couldn't find any info on this.

what i recall about the city connects was that they were for three years, and every team would have one. to date, the yankees and a's are the only teams that haven't had one, a series that started in 2021, and the dodgers have had two. 

my daughter would like to see them become permanent, while i wouldn't mind using certain elements of them to do a reset on regular uniform, but that's a discussion for a different thread. 

if that was gonna be the last time they ever wore them, you'd think they would announce it as such.

I know other teams (such as the Rockies) did.

On 9/17/2024 at 7:20 AM, Erstad Grit said:

She looked at me and legit almost cried and said Dad were losing 6-0 to the worst team in the history of baseball? 

She might be becoming a Padres fan. She's cheered for them as a dodger hater, but they have a fun thing going on right now. 

This sucks. 

I used to live and breathe angels baseball, haven’t been on Angelswin for months, watched maybe 5 innings this year, and figured I would see what the mood was like after Ohtani’s feat. 

can’t help but be bitter and not excited for Ohtani, I know it’s an amazing thing he accomplished but the way Arte Moreno has fumbled every single aspect of this team, I just don’t give a shit about baseball anymore. He legitimately killed my love for my favorite hobby. Ohtani getting to 50/50 with the dodgers while the Angels lose close to 100 games is something I wish I never had to live through as a baseball fan. 

guess I’ll go back into my shell now. FU*K

9 hours ago, TroutField said:

I used to live and breathe angels baseball, haven’t been on Angelswin for months, watched maybe 5 innings this year, and figured I would see what the mood was like after Ohtani’s feat. 

can’t help but be bitter and not excited for Ohtani, I know it’s an amazing thing he accomplished but the way Arte Moreno has fumbled every single aspect of this team, I just don’t give a shit about baseball anymore. He legitimately killed my love for my favorite hobby. Ohtani getting to 50/50 with the dodgers while the Angels lose close to 100 games is something I wish I never had to live through as a baseball fan. 

guess I’ll go back into my shell now. FU*K

You summed up my attitude quite nicely.  Don’t care about the team.  I know a few guys in the Minors and one in the MLB. I’ll root for people and not the game itself. Looking forward to spring training, and nowhere near Tempe. 

On 9/17/2024 at 7:20 AM, Erstad Grit said:

This sucks. 

Adversity affects everyone differently.  Thankfully,  the adversity experienced as Angel fans pales in comparison to the adversity some families are experiencing. 

Some people run from adversity while others acknowledge it and face it head on. 

I am looking forward to seeing how the youth core will respond next year. Perry needs to a much better job this offseason at finding players who are not one dimensional.  He also needs a plan for Rendon. Playing a light hitting marginal defender at 3b does not help.

His plan for Rendon should be, if he shows up he plays but there is going to be a league average or better backup. Wagaman shows how bad an organizations depth chart is when he is there completely butchering the job. 

16 hours ago, BTH said:

if that was gonna be the last time they ever wore them, you'd think they would announce it as such.

I know other teams (such as the Rockies) did.

Especially if they have merchandise to move, like ice cream helmets.