• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Those who want the Angels to sign Corbin Burnes … why?

Ohtani and Trout took our team from mediocre to average

Ohtani and Trout draft position from great to average

Now we have a great draft position and hopefully we can maintain it

Signing Burnes wont just cost us money, it will be a lower pick for seasons to come if he performs 

Theres no shot at the playoffs and a .500 record is even a stretch, so why bother?

image.png

Edited by notherhalo

10 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

They’ve got the core of their guys who appear ready to go now.

It's nice that you think that core is good but I'm not so sure.

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

The ChiSox had guys like Eloy, Kopech, Giolito, Luis Robert Jr, Anderson and a bunch more and that didnt work out, with guys on the roster like Eaton and Abreu.

Hard to think of Neto, Ward, Adell, Soriano and (anyone else promising?) doing better 

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

The ChiSox had guys like Eloy, Kopech, Giolito, Luis Robert Jr, Anderson and a bunch more and that didnt work out, with guys on the roster like Eaton and Abreu.

Hard to think of Neto, Ward, Adell, Soriano and (anyone else promising?) doing better 

I mean that’s the way baseball goes.  Sometimes it works out, sometimes you eat shit. 

If you call Burnes and he’s says hi yes I will sign with you for X amount of years and X amount of dollars then you do it without blinking as long as the contract isn’t in Cole territory (it won’t be). If he says no thanks, cool then move on. 

13 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

If you call Burnes and he’s says hi yes I will sign with you for X amount of years and X amount of dollars then you do it without blinking as long as the contract isn’t in Cole territory (it won’t be). If he says no thanks, cool then move on. 

It’ll take Cole money.

He is not signing here. Think about it, you are offered three different jobs, all 5 times the money you make now, one about a 5% percent more than the others, but, instead of someplace nice, that job is in Nome Alaska.

You are not going to spend eight to ten years in Alaska for 5% more, 10% or even 20% more than the 5 times your current salary of the other offers. 

The Angels are Siberia. 

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He is not signing here. Think about it, you are offered three different jobs, all 5 times the money you make now, one about a 5% percent more than the others, but, instead of someplace nice, that job is in Nome Alaska.

You are not going to spend eight to ten years in Alaska for 5% more, 10% or even 20% more than the 5 times your current salary of the other offers. 

The Angels are Siberia. 

Your analogy would work if the Angels played in Siberia or whatever, but they don’t.

SoCal is a desirable location, especially for someone who grew up there.

54 minutes ago, BTH said:

Your analogy would work if the Angels played in Siberia or whatever, but they don’t.

It's not the location, dummy. The Angels a Siberian outpost in terms of franchises to play for. 

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It's not the location, dummy. The Angels a Siberian outpost in terms of franchises to play for. 

I know that, which is why I said “analogy.”

The reality is that money talks. The 60-102 Rangers signed Seager and Semien. Why? Because they offered the most money.

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I  don't think Burnes is signing here, but Perry did manage to get Anderson to join the club.  It would be nice if he could get one or two pitchers like Anderson to join the club.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

The core is good and better than you think. They are just getting started. Their growth this season has been fun to watch.

3 hours ago, BTH said:

Is that why people are leaving for other states?  The west has been gentrified by Californians escaping. Doesn’t sound too desirable when so many people are leaving.

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Is that why people are leaving for other states?  The west has been gentrified by Californians escaping. Doesn’t sound too desirable when so many people are leaving.

Part of the reason so many people are leaving is because it’s expensive. That isn’t something Burnes has to worry about it. 

45 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I’m just trying to talk about baseball, man.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Part of the reason so many people are leaving is because it’s expensive. That isn’t something Burnes has to worry about it. 

Just wait until they find out what property taxes are in Texas and Florida. I’d rather pay CA state tax lol.

7 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Just wait until they find out what property taxes are in Texas and Florida. I’d rather pay CA state tax lol.

Yea it depends on your income level and the cost of the home in Texas. The guy who reports to me out of Dallas lives in Grand Prarie, has a beautiful 3,000 square foot house.  His property tax is 1.6%. He also said there is a petition process to keep/lower your property tax level. I didn’t ask him any clarifying questions about that process. 

I’ve read about the 3% property taxes in Texas, which isn’t appealing at all. However if you are planning on having a $200k annual retirement income in California or in Texas that’s roughly $20-26k in state income tax in CA. You’d have to buy an $800k house in Texas which would buy you quite the house there.