• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Time to realize Zach Neto is HIM !!

As someone who has taken many shots from most of you on Zach Neto's value; at some point you have to realize me as a WOMAN can scout talent too !  All that matters is we have to sign Zach Neto to a long term contract this offseason no matter what it takes, because he is a possibly a top 10 all around player already at 23 years of age ! Everybody should be in on Perry or whoever is GM landing Neto many years so he can be our best homegrown player since Trout (which he is already) !

9 minutes ago, No Roles said:

As someone who has taken many shots from most of you on Zach Neto's value; at some point you have to realize me as a WOMAN can scout talent too !  All that matters is we have to sign Zach Neto to a long term contract this offseason no matter what it takes, because he is a possibly a top 10 all around player already at 23 years of age ! Everybody should be in on Perry or whoever is GM landing Neto many years so he can be our best homegrown player since Trout (which he is already) !

Best to wait until Neto is first arb eligible (after 2026).

Edited by Angel Oracle

13 minutes ago, No Roles said:

To the best of my knowledge, literally no one here has been down on Neto's value.  People have simply complained about the repetitious nature of your posting, especially as it relates to his position in the batting order. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

To the best of my knowledge, literally no one here has been down on Neto's value.  People have simply complained about the repetitious nature of your posting, especially as it relates to his position in the batting order. 

well now look at what has happened since the change...lol ! it just wasn't acceptable the first half of the season !

1 minute ago, No Roles said:

well now look at what has happened since the change...lol ! it just wasn't acceptable the first half of the season !

Again, you never advocated for him to hit 2nd.  You constantly screamed about Schanuel hitting leadoff and how Neto would be better, even after I and others repeatedly pointed out that Neto himself said he wasn't ready to hit leadoff.

No one is upset that Neto is hitting 2nd.  I think it's great!  People on this message board generally seem to love him. 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Again, you never advocated for him to hit 2nd.  You constantly screamed about Schanuel hitting leadoff and how Neto would be better, even after I and others repeatedly pointed out that Neto himself said he wasn't ready to hit leadoff.

No one is upset that Neto is hitting 2nd.  I think it's great!  People on this message board generally seem to love him. 

finally he isn't known as net-zero

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Best to wait until Neto is first arb eligible (after 2026).

I know it's easy to forget he was just signed in 2022...all the Latin American born players are signed much earlier ! oh well nobody wanted Zach (even though he is Latin too) at 18 so he went to Campbell so we will take our good fortune for once !

6 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

I don't think anyone has been this hyped about extending an infielder since David Fletcher!

this is our best infielder (at least ss)of all time. Just enjoy what is present and the future 😀

On 8/9/2024 at 1:16 PM, No Roles said:

because he is a possibly a top 10 all around player already at 23 years of age !

Neto is killing it right now but not sure how you see him as top 10. Top 25, yes, which is great.

On 8/9/2024 at 12:16 PM, No Roles said:

I have no issue with your enthusiasm. I really like Neto and am encouraged by his development.

But, there is no way he's a top 10 all around player, and even at his position, if that is what you meant, he's probably just on the outskirts of the top 10...

There is no reason to offer him a contract until after 2025 at the earliest... even then, you still have him for four more seasons after that, so it's not necessary. He will have less than 2 years of service this offseason, so he won't be a Super 2 until after 2025, and then you have four arbitration years. He will be here until he is 28. 

And Perry is a subpar GM. He is good at drafting with high picks in the first round, (and the late round high school developmental picks since the draft. shifted to 20 rounds) and ok when it comes to selling Major league pieces at the deadline.

9 hours ago, Hubs said:

I have no issue with your enthusiasm. I really like Neto and am encouraged by his development.

But, there is no way he's a top 10 all around player, and even at his position, if that is what you meant, he's probably just on the outskirts of the top 10...

There is no reason to offer him a contract until after 2025 at the earliest... even then, you still have him for four more seasons after that, so it's not necessary. He will have less than 2 years of service this offseason, so he won't be a Super 2 until after 2025, and then you have four arbitration years. He will be here until he is 28. 

And Perry is a subpar GM. He is good at drafting with high picks in the first round, (and the late round high school developmental picks since the draft. shifted to 20 rounds) and ok when it comes to selling Major league pieces at the deadline.

We've been talent starved for so long that every decent player we develop is the reincarnation of Mickey Mantle.

18 hours ago, Hubs said:

Yes I have corrected myself on what year he should be signed ! But when we do we need to lock him up till he is 30 ! Glad we are such a bad franchise that we can clearly see who will need to be paid in the fairly near future barring major injury.  

BTW I was buzzed 🤪when I wrote the topic fresh out of private jail...lol I can only watch Angels on the weekends which is more than enough 😅