• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Futures Game

jshep

Now that I don't disagree with.  I don't think you trade Trumbo because he's a proven commodity, middle of the order bat, Anaheim native, fan favorite and young enough with good enough power that we'll likely see him hit more than 30 HR's a year for the next 7 years.  You obviously can't trade Albert or see him leaving the game anytime soon.  

That leaves three possibilities.  

1. You trade Bourjos, slot Trout in CF and Trumbo in LF.  But the problem with that is you lose speed, which is what the team needs more of, and you lose defense, which the pitching staff could use all they can get. 

2. C.J. Cron learns a different position, like catcher.  Nope sorry, not gonna happen.  Not even worth the LAT article written about it. 

3. Cron is traded to a team in need of a middle of the order 1B in return for something the Angels desperately need, quality starting pitching.  

I like Cron, but I just don't see him being a part of the Angels future.  I always pictured him being a component in a trade for someone like Jeremy Hellickson.  But if the Angels are smart, they'll wait until next offseason before trading him.  Let him hit .300 and yank 30+ HR's out in SLC and inflate his value before dealing him.  

Well the majority of Trumbo's starts have come in the cleanup spot.  AL teams with a better clean up hitter include the Red Sox (Ortiz), Rays (Longoria), O's (Davis), Tigers (Fielder), Royals (Butler) and Rangers (Beltre).  That would ranks Trumbo around 7th among AL clean up hitters, middle of the pack, making Trumbo an average MOTO hitter. 

He's better than Hafner, Lind, Swisher, Dunn, Lowrie and J.D. Martinez.  I'd consider him on par with Morales.  Seems like a MOTO bat to me.