• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Futures Game

jshep

It was 1 for 3 with a single.

And his 1st and 3rd ABs looked like a guy that flat out didn't belong facing the level of competition he was facing. He wasn't catching up to the fastballs he was getting(including one he had no business swinging at) and was chasing breaking balls.

It's 3 ABs in an exhibition game, so it's not meaningful(although I'm guessing if he went 3 for 3 with 3 bombs, the reaction to that would be pretty different than when he goes 1 for 3 with a single), but it wasn't an impressive showing.

It was 1 for 3 with a single.

And his 1st and 3rd ABs looked like a guy that flat out didn't belong facing the level of competition he was facing. He wasn't catching up to the fastballs he was getting(including one he had no business swinging at) and was chasing breaking balls.

It's 3 ABs in an exhibition game, so it's not meaningful(although I'm guessing if he went 3 for 3 with 3 bombs, the reaction to that would be pretty different than when he goes 1 for 3 with a single), but it wasn't an impressive showing.

This. I don't see how the Angels can pencil Cron into any future plans. He is an all bat guy, with immense power and no plate approach. Like a right handed Wily Mo Pena.

This. I don't see how the Angels can pencil Cron into any future plans. He is an all bat guy, with immense power and no plate approach. Like a right handed Wily Mo Pena.

Well in all fairness, it would be astounding if Cron ever swung and missed nearly as much as Pena did.

But outs are outs of course, so putting more balls in play for outs vs. Ks isn't exactly a huge comfort.

You guys must have turned the game off early.  Cron went 2-4 and scored a run.  He had two good AB's, one bad one and one average one.  

In fact, here's video of his TWO hits.  - http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=28909981&query=Cron

Congrats on judging a prospect in one game in which he goes 2-4 guys.  You guys probably hit it right on the money. 

My bad then, I thought he was removed after 3 ABs. Although I disagree with your analysis of the quality of each of his ABs, because I wouldn't describe either his 1st or 3rd ABs as even average. His 1st one was ridiculously awful, and his 3rd one had him weakly grounding a breaking pitch a good deal out of the zone to shortstop. His 2nd one was fine, and I never saw his last one, so I'll take your word for it.

And who is judging Cron based on 1 game? Both myself and YoT(and I'm guessing you're addressing one or both of us) have had the same concerns about Cron's approach and how good a hitter he'll really be with it(and he needs to be a REALLY GOOD one) long before today.