• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Brandon Drury: how long until he gets cut?

I see no reason to keep him around.  You've got to pay him regardless, but might as well move him out.  He's down to -1.7 bWAR and -1.6 fWAR.  Since his return from his injury, he's 11 for 76 with zero extra base hits.  Truly embarrassing at this point.

I guess there aren't really any other options aside from Paris who are currently on the 40-man, but I'd honestly rather see him back up here than to trot out Drury, even as a backup.

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I see no reason to keep him around.  You've got to pay him regardless, but might as well move him out.  He's down to -1.7 bWAR and -1.6 fWAR.  Since his return from his injury, he's 11 for 76 with zero extra base hits.  Truly embarrassing at this point.

I guess there aren't really any other options aside from Paris who are currently on the 40-man, but I'd honestly rather see him back up here than to trot out Drury, even as a backup.

Perry: Hold my beer

FWIW, Jason Martin was scratched from yesterday’s AAA lineup.

I suppose they could cut Drury and bring Martin up as a body off the bench.

He’d be another OF though.

I really wonder if they’ll try Willie Calhoun at 2B, where he took pre-game reps earlier this season.

23 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He has been completely brutal since his return from the IL.  And his brutality has come at times when the team really needed him to come through.  He has left 4 runners stranded in the last 2 games.

He has really fallen off after a pretty surprising season last year.  That includes offense and defense.

Edited by PattyD22

18 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

He has really fallen off after a pretty surprising season last year

He won a Silver Slugger award  for the year prior to that... so last year wasn't a surprise.  This year is.

Just now, T.G. said:

He won a Silver Slugger award  for the year prior to that... so last year wasn't a surprise.  This year is.

He's been all over the place over the course of his career.  '22 and '23 are by far the best years he's had.  In '20 and '21, he was a rarely-used pinch hitter/utility guy.  In 2018, he was traded twice and had a .516 OPS, and was sent down twice.  Very strange career.  I'd wager a fair amount of money he'll never come close to '22-'23 again.

The only thing keeping him on the roster now is that he is the backup 1b. Rendon should be back in a week, then cut Drury, and bring up a 1b prospect to backup Nolan. Hopefully the guy can play other positions other than dh.

1 minute ago, greginpsca said:

The only thing keeping him on the roster now is that he is the backup 1b. Rendon should be back in a week, then cut Drury, and bring up a 1b prospect to backup Nolan. Hopefully the guy can play other positions other than dh.

But if they release Drury when they activate Rendon, they'd still need to make another move if they want another backup 1B option.

31 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'd wager a fair amount of money he'll never come close to '22-'23 again.

I don't think anyone would bet against that.

1 hour ago, greginpsca said:

Rendon back in a week? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Why cut him halos have 2 months to go. He is not taking AB from any Angel that will be here next year. Let him finish the year. Angels already have bad look of DFA players. 

Only thing might be Moore if he tears it in AA…

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

Only thing might be Moore if he tears it in AA…

In September u can call of extra players. Drury might help Moore in September. I'm tired of Angels tossing out players like thrash. Wonder why players do not want to come here. What harm does it do having him finish year on the team.

3 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Nolan is playing everyday. Calhoun is fine as the backup 1B. And Thaiss can play it if you’re in a real bind.

31 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

The Angels are always short of infielders, especially 3B and 2B types.  I’d rather see Drury out there than Guillorme.  I’d rather they cut Guillorme and split those ab’s between Stefanic and Drury

Lol, why? In all seriousness, why would you want to see Drury out there, given what he's done this year?