• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official Trout Appreciation Thread

Look, we just got devastating news about our man. Again. And while it's sad, frustrating, and disappointing, I think we need a place to appreciate Mike and his accomplishments, and all he's done for the Angels. 

There's not much to cheer about right now: Another losing season, an organization that doesn't seem to want to change, injuries galore; it sucks being an Angels fan. 

But all that frustration shouldn't be leveled at Mike Trout. Is he 100% blameless for the team's struggles since 2015? Of course not. No one is above that and I'm sure Mike himself would be the first to admit it. Hell in 2014 he choked, just like everyone else did. 

Let's be honest here. This has never been a truly "good" organization. There's few players that actually standout. We all know the ones that do. 

But Trout. Trout is the first "homegrown" Angel who will be a likely unanimous HOFer. 

He currently stands 30th all time in fWAR. He has a decent shot to finish his career in the top 25. And who knows, he could have 2-3 "healthy" years left in him where he could sneak his way into the top 20. 

I think a few years ago we had higher hopes and aspirations for him, but realistically I think we were being unfair. 

Trout is unquestionably one of the greatest players to ever do it, and we got to see it. Championships be damned, this isn't football or the NBA. It's not Trout's fault his organization failed him in that regard. 

Anyway, I will end this post with one of my favorite Trout highlights:

19 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Look, we just got devastating news about our man. Again. And while it's sad, frustrating, and disappointing, I think we need a place to appreciate Mike and his accomplishments, and all he's done for the Angels. 

There's not much to cheer about right now: Another losing season, an organization that doesn't seem to want to change, injuries galore; it sucks being an Angels fan. 

But all that frustration shouldn't be leveled at Mike Trout. Is he 100% blameless for the team's struggles since 2015? Of course not. No one is above that and I'm sure Mike himself would be the first to admit it. Hell in 2014 he choked, just like everyone else did. 

Let's be honest here. This has never been a truly "good" organization. There's few players that actually standout. We all know the ones that do. 

But Trout. Trout is the first "homegrown" Angel who will be a likely unanimous HOFer. 

He currently stands 30th all time in fWAR. He has a decent shot to finish his career in the top 25. And who knows, he could have 2-3 "healthy" years left in him where he could sneak his way into the top 20. 

I think a few years ago we had higher hopes and aspirations for him, but realistically I think we were being unfair. 

Trout is unquestionably one of the greatest players to ever do it, and we got to see it. Championships be damned, this isn't football or the NBA. It's not Trout's fault his organization failed him in that regard. 

Anyway, I will end this post with one of my favorite Trout highlights:

Unanimous HOF.  

GTFOH.  

Is this the appreciation thread from the hospitals' perspective from all the business he's given them? Or? 

I'm just kidding..... I love the guy. Love what he's done for the fanbase and love the dedication he's given to the team. He's on a different level in terms of loyalty, especially with the shithead owner we have. 

Hang in there Mike!!!

The complete opposite reactions to Trout and Rendon by the fanbase is pretty hilarious.  I pretty much feel the same about both guys, I feel bad that they’ve struggled with injuries to the extent they have but I have completely given up on them being contributors and hope the Angels can somehow find a way out of their contracts.  I don’t really have an attachment to either guy as I mostly associate them with the shittiest period in my time as an Angels fan.  I barely consider them a part of the current team and I think it would be a huge mistake for management to evaluate and build the roster as though they are.

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

The complete opposite reactions to Trout and Rendon by the fanbase is pretty hilarious.  I pretty much feel the same about both guys,

The difference, as @Angelsjunky pointed out the other day is that Trout is still a very productive player when he plays. Rendon is not.

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

I think it would be a huge mistake for management to evaluate and build the roster as though they are.

I agree with this though. They especially cannot count on Rendon for anything. None. Zero. Zilch.

I wish they’d just release him because it gets rid of any possible delusion in offseason planning where they think he can be any sort of factor.

He’s the greatest baseball player I’ve ever seen. In that thread a few years back I voted I’d rather see him remain an Angel for life than win another World Series. Nothing has changed that opinion. I absolutely miss dominant Trout. 

46 minutes ago, mmc said:

The complete opposite reactions to Trout and Rendon by the fanbase is pretty hilarious.  I pretty much feel the same about both guys, I feel bad that they’ve struggled with injuries to the extent they have but I have completely given up on them being contributors and hope the Angels can somehow find a way out of their contracts.  I don’t really have an attachment to either guy as I mostly associate them with the shittiest period in my time as an Angels fan.  I barely consider them a part of the current team and I think it would be a huge mistake for management to evaluate and build the roster as though they are.

I think its pretty understandable why you are seeing the opposite reactions from fans in regard to those two.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He’s the greatest baseball player I’ve ever seen. In that thread a few years back I voted I’d rather see him remain an Angel for life than win another World Series. Nothing has changed that opinion. I absolutely miss dominant Trout. 

He was the greatest player until 4 years ago when he ceased to contribute even as much as part time. I still have his rookie catch in Baltimore as my computer screen background. That was a long time ago. 

I'd rather see the Angels in the World Series.