• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mike Trout has ANOTHER meniscus tear

Has Mike had cortisone shots in that knee previously?

Repeated, increased with larger dosage of cortisone injections, side effects could include cartilage damage/hardening of thr cartilage?.. Did the Medical team do this to keep Mike on the field when he was younger? Now we are watching the negative side in real-time. 2 meniscus tears in the same knee, in a short period of time shows brittle breakdown of the knee cartilage. Which could lead to further and more issues as the player ages in the same knee.

(I took 6 cortisone injections in the shoulder joint in 1-4 month season in the 80's plus 1 in college = 5 and 1 by former Halo Dr Lewis Yocum = 6 in a single year)... 

IF it was constant tendon breakdown/failure, I would say anabolics and/or HGH. But, we don't have that...

Is DocHalo still in here? We use to have some great conversations on Medical issues in here.

On 8/1/2024 at 4:13 PM, halodground said:

This is misinformation (sorry AO, I love you man).

As an RN who worked many years prior to COVID, throughout the pandemic, and continues to work today, I can attest that complications from the COVID vaccines run right along the same rate as other vaccines and medications in general. ALL medications carry an element of risk. You take something because the benefit outweighs the risk. I've encountered thousands of people both unvaccinated and vaccinated and in general, it is the people who chose to not get vaccinated that are more at risk. I have had zero people present with a complication from the vaccine. That does not mean there is zero risk. But there is risk in taking Tylenol as well. That does not make something unsafe or unneeded. The number of people who benefitted from the COVID vaccines, whose symptoms were mild, who avoided hospitalization, dwarf the tiny percentage of people who had complications that required medical treatment.

You can have a fatal reaction to antibiotics. The odds are fairly high that you might have a reaction to various kinds of antivenom. I'm guessing that you would still want a dose for yourself and encourage a loved one to be treated with antivenom if bitten by a rattlesnake?  You are more likely to die or lose a limb if you choose to skip the antivenom. Risk vs benefit.

I know it's just an Angels message board and I don't want to steer the conversation to politics, but misinformation like this is dangerous for people who don't have the critical thinking skills to defer to the medical professionals that are trying to save lives.

bs2.gif