• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mike Trout has ANOTHER meniscus tear

42 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Guess who started it?

Initially made as a joke (although his sense of humor is pretty shit anyway, so who knows) but the post should have been deleted anyway to keep it from even getting started.

For what it's worth, I appreciate ya around here, and in the other forums.

For the record, @UndertheHalo started it.

I think Trout is the one guy who would be willing to turn down money on the rest of his contract and retire early. Maybe not this year but if this sh*t happens again 30 games in next season I could see him calling it quits before the 2026 season. Could be wrong but I don’t think the guy wants to be intertwined with guys like Rendon. I would think he'd rather save face and just say my body can’t do it anymore and garner the ultimate respect from obviously not only Angels fans but fans league wide for knowing when to call it quits vs collecting a paycheck when you know you are damaged goods… we’ll see

18 hours ago, halodground said:

This is misinformation (sorry AO, I love you man).

As an RN who worked many years prior to COVID, throughout the pandemic, and continues to work today, I can attest that complications from the COVID vaccines run right along the same rate as other vaccines and medications in general. ALL medications carry an element of risk. You take something because the benefit outweighs the risk. I've encountered thousands of people both unvaccinated and vaccinated and in general, it is the people who chose to not get vaccinated that are more at risk. I have had zero people present with a complication from the vaccine. That does not mean there is zero risk. But there is risk in taking Tylenol as well. That does not make something unsafe or unneeded. The number of people who benefitted from the COVID vaccines, whose symptoms were mild, who avoided hospitalization, dwarf the tiny percentage of people who had complications that required medical treatment.

You can have a fatal reaction to antibiotics. The odds are fairly high that you might have a reaction to various kinds of antivenom. I'm guessing that you would still want a dose for yourself and encourage a loved one to be treated with antivenom if bitten by a rattlesnake?  You are more likely to die or lose a limb if you choose to skip the antivenom. Risk vs benefit.

I know it's just an Angels message board and I don't want to steer the conversation to politics, but misinformation like this is dangerous for people who don't have the critical thinking skills to defer to the medical professionals that are trying to save lives.

No offense taken 

Plus yeah, keep the politics off the non-politics boards.

Edited by Angel Oracle

On 8/1/2024 at 4:13 PM, halodground said:

This is misinformation (sorry AO, I love you man).

As an RN who worked many years prior to COVID, throughout the pandemic, and continues to work today, I can attest that complications from the COVID vaccines run right along the same rate as other vaccines and medications in general. ALL medications carry an element of risk. You take something because the benefit outweighs the risk. I've encountered thousands of people both unvaccinated and vaccinated and in general, it is the people who chose to not get vaccinated that are more at risk. I have had zero people present with a complication from the vaccine. That does not mean there is zero risk. But there is risk in taking Tylenol as well. That does not make something unsafe or unneeded. The number of people who benefitted from the COVID vaccines, whose symptoms were mild, who avoided hospitalization, dwarf the tiny percentage of people who had complications that required medical treatment.

You can have a fatal reaction to antibiotics. The odds are fairly high that you might have a reaction to various kinds of antivenom. I'm guessing that you would still want a dose for yourself and encourage a loved one to be treated with antivenom if bitten by a rattlesnake?  You are more likely to die or lose a limb if you choose to skip the antivenom. Risk vs benefit.

I know it's just an Angels message board and I don't want to steer the conversation to politics, but misinformation like this is dangerous for people who don't have the critical thinking skills to defer to the medical professionals that are trying to save lives.

Yeah I’ll differ on that one. Most patients my family have dealt with have experienced some mild complications with timing that is closely connected to the vaccine (though not causation). Furthermore, those presenting with mild symptoms and faster rate of recovery had less to do with vaccination status and more to do with age, weight, nutrition, health etc…

Within my own family, the two that chose to take it (mom and brother), experienced irregular heart palpitations and blood clots within days of injection. Personally, I’m just a lowly science teacher, but I know the ELA teacher next door still hasn’t regained full sensation in her arm. There are others on the board that lost function of limbs and contracted long COVID with the vaccine.

Now maybe you’re seeing something I am not (or vice versa) but from where I’m standing, I’m seeing the vax as a net loss as it does not prevent contraction or spread, does not yield any consistency in determining severity of symptoms and has increased the commonality of vaccine injuries. 

It was worth a try, particularly with the at risk population, but what I’m told by family and what I’ve experienced personally, the vaccine was a poor substitute for natural immunity and healthy lifestyle.

Also, I’ll just leave this little bit of information right here. Studies show that in body builders, prolonged exposure to unnaturally high levels of testosterone appear to have some correlation with the thinning of ligaments and less collagen production. 

TRT appears to be a net positive for the male population as a whole, but bodies break down regardless of fitness level. It’s like the guy who stays in shape throughout his 20’s and 30’s only for his knees to be shot by 40. And the guy who takes it easy in his 20’s and 30’s to save his body later in life only to realize his knees are also shot at age 40. 

Knees…just a bad design.

I’m kidding, God. Don’t smite me.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Yeah I’ll differ on that one. Most patients my family have dealt with have experienced some mild complications with timing that is closely connected to the vaccine (though not causation). Furthermore, those presenting with mild symptoms and faster rate of recovery had less to do with vaccination status and more to do with age, weight, nutrition, health etc…

Within my own family, the two that chose to take it (mom and brother), experienced irregular heart palpitations and blood clots within days of injection. Personally, I’m just a lowly science teacher, but I know the ELA teacher next door still hasn’t regained full sensation in her arm. There are others on the board that lost function of limbs and contracted long COVID with the vaccine.

Now maybe you’re seeing something I am not (or vice versa) but from where I’m standing, I’m seeing the vax as a net loss as it does not prevent contraction or spread, does not yield any consistency in determining severity of symptoms and has increased the commonality of vaccine injuries. 

It was worth a try, particularly with the at risk population, but what I’m told by family and what I’ve experienced personally, the vaccine was a poor substitute for natural immunity and healthy lifestyle.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF