• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Randy Arozarena to Mariners

I know this is not RaysWin.Com

But hear me out.

Because the Angels have become tough to watch over the past decade...I started to watch the Rays to pass the time.

I like underdogs. 

Even with a crowd that barely beats the A'ths, and no big market, they are ridiculously fun as hell to watch. Yandy, Siri, Paredes, catcher Rortvedt, closer Fairbanks. The commentators are top notch and hilarious, and the team never seems to be in a situation where they are out of a game. 

They traded my homie Randy Arozarena to stupid Seattle, and it kills me. I hate Seattle, with a passion. Been there, done that, nothing redeeming, and the players are such cocky horses asses. Randy threw me a ball in Baltimore, and won me over for life. He had RandyLand. He's the most charismatic ballplayer behind Trout I've ever known.

I haven't felt this way since los doyers sent Mike Piazza packing.

I'm an emotional wreck. What do I do now? 

Arozarena has been one of the more overrated players in baseball the last few years, due to his postseason heroics in 2020 (.377/.442/.831, 10 HR in 20 games). Other than that, he's been a good player but not a great one. My sense is that his reputation has gradually diminished and become more in line with his actual performance. He's a 3-4 WAR guy, no more, no less.

On 7/27/2024 at 11:51 AM, CaliAngel said:

I know this is not RaysWin.Com

But hear me out.

Because the Angels have become tough to watch over the past decade...I started to watch the Rays to pass the time.

I like underdogs. 

Even with a crowd that barely beats the A'ths, and no big market, they are ridiculously fun as hell to watch. Yandy, Siri, Paredes, catcher Rortvedt, closer Fairbanks. The commentators are top notch and hilarious, and the team never seems to be in a situation where they are out of a game. 

They traded my homie Randy Arozarena to stupid Seattle, and it kills me. I hate Seattle, with a passion. Been there, done that, nothing redeeming, and the players are such cocky horses asses. Randy threw me a ball in Baltimore, and won me over for life. He had RandyLand. He's the most charismatic ballplayer behind Trout I've ever known.

I haven't felt this way since los doyers sent Mike Piazza packing.

I'm an emotional wreck. What do I do now? 

@Stradling can you merge this?

I haven't been able to watch Randy since Thursday, it's tearing me up inside.

Now, apparently those Seattle dipshit douchebags are making him do some pansy jergoff cringe dance after a win. 

15 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Arozarena has been one of the more overrated players in baseball the last few years, due to his postseason heroics in 2020 (.377/.442/.831, 10 HR in 20 games). Other than that, he's been a good player but not a great one. My sense is that his reputation has gradually diminished and become more in line with his actual performance. He's a 3-4 WAR guy, no more, no less.

He had a tough run to start 2024, that's for sure. But he just started to pick it back up in July. He has a fantastic arm in left, and is a pest on the bases. You just never know what kind of antics the guy is going to pull, definitely a wild card, and he has a palpable love for the game of baseball.

Talk all the stats/war you want, but if you spend time watching him for a couple games you'll see his intangible infectious positivity would be an invaluable asset to any team.

Unfortunately I just cannot watch the Mariners. Only team worse is the cheating assstros.

15 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I haven't been able to watch Randy since Thursday, it's tearing me up inside.

Now, apparently those Seattle dipshit douchebags are making him do some pansy jergoff cringe dance after a win. 

He had a tough run to start 2024, that's for sure. But he just started to pick it back up in July. He has a fantastic arm in left, and is a pest on the bases. You just never know what kind of antics the guy is going to pull, definitely a wild card, and he has a palpable love for the game of baseball.

Talk all the stats/war you want, but if you spend time watching him for a couple games you'll see his intangible infectious positivity would be an invaluable asset to any team.

Unfortunately I just cannot watch the Mariners. Only team worse is the cheating assstros.

I agree that there are player's whose full talents aren't adequately expressed in WAR - and Arozarena seems to be one of them. So I'm sorry for you - that's a bummer, to lose a favorite.

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'll one-up you: Jimmy Wynn. Remember him, old guy?

my dad managed a singer for a few years and was able to get her to sing the national anthem at dodger stadium one night. he brought me along as her personal "photogorapher", so i was on the field for the anthem. before they took us out to sing, we waited in the dodger dugout. i was 15 and in heaven. talked to andy messerschmidt and asked him for a ball but he said he didn't have one and to ask one of the other guys. jimmy wynn came by so i asked him. he looked at me and said "what do you think this is, ball night?" and walked off. he then walked to the end of the dugout and gave a ball to a kid in the. front row. 

he 100% lost me as a fan right then and there. 

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'll one-up you: Jimmy Wynn. Remember him, old guy?

He was a much better player than Garvey the year he won MVP and the most memorable play of the '74 WS was Joe Ferguson stepping in front of him to catch a fly ball and throw the runner out at home