• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Home Owners Insurance

26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Genuine question. Are these companies just screwing over homeowners because they can’t make the same profit they used to, or is there something else at work?

The home building cost in California is 30-40% higher than other states. It ranges from $200 to $600 sqft. So figure a 2,000 sft home could cost up to $1.2 million for replacement costs. That's just structural and doesn't include possessions. 

In North Carolina construction costs are $180 - 250 per sqft. So, maxed out, that 2,000 sqft home costs $500k to replace. Other states are even cheaper. 

This is why we are considering building our retirement home. At 3,000 sqft we are looking in the neighborhood of $800k all in including landscaping. 

41 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The home building cost in California is 30-40% higher than other states. It ranges from $200 to $600 sqft. So figure a 2,000 sft home could cost up to $1.2 million for replacement costs. That's just structural and doesn't include possessions. 

In North Carolina construction costs are $180 - 250 per sqft. So, maxed out, that 2,000 sqft home costs $500k to replace. Other states are even cheaper. 

This is why we are considering building our retirement home. At 3,000 sqft we are looking in the neighborhood of $800k all in including landscaping. 

Being in Tennessee the last few weeks, I see the appeal of the landscape out here. And I hear North Carolina is even more beautiful.

The humidity sucks though. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

3000 square foot?  I thought you want to retire, not clean all the time.

55 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Wife wants two guests rooms, a 230 sqft craft room, a cook's kitchen with a large pantry and freezer to store foods we will never eat. As long as I get my garage space for the Spitfire and possibly a boat I'll be happy. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

The humidity sucks though. 

Yes it does and that's why we picked Roanoke to avoid coastal humidity. It also eliminates tornados and hurricanes, which Carol will not tolerate being 100 miles from. She's a smart woman. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Wife wants two guests rooms, a 230 sqft craft room, a cook's kitchen with a large pantry and freezer to store foods we will never eat. As long as I get my garage space for the Spitfire and possibly a boat I'll be happy. 

Yes it does and that's why we picked Roanoke to avoid coastal humidity. It also eliminates tornados and hurricanes, which Carol will not tolerate being 100 miles from. She's a smart woman. 

Wait, you can retire and still afford to put money into that endless pit that is the spitfire and a bust out another thousand?  Moneybags.

29 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Wait, you can retire and still afford to put money into that endless pit that is the spitfire and a bust out another thousand?  Moneybags.

Word is he can also afford parking at Angel games

On 7/27/2024 at 4:44 PM, gotbeer said:

Cleaning the 3000 sq. ft. home will be child's play compared to the yardwork.