• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (7/24/24 12:40pm): Angels @ Mariners: Canning on the mound, no Rendon

32 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Painful knees affect your base when hitting causing the hitter to change their swing resulting in Rendon type at bats. Let him rehab.

He may need shots to play and with all his injuries in long run DH. He tried to comeback last year and he ended up sitting rest of year. Maybe same course of action is needed and see him in 2025.

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Maybe, but he's not the guy thats traded for 7 different 2B since 2018 to try to replace Cano.  

Well he certainly isn't going to stick around when that guy gets fired. 

1 hour ago, Halo in Chicago said:

I doubt he's back in any serious capacity this year at all. Just like last year when he was cleared, played 1 game and said it hurt to much and shut it down. He'll heal up in time to play golf all offseason. 

Seems like Trout is finished in regards to playing over 100 games in a season.

Convince me otherwise.

His body seems to be finished physically.

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Angels only 8 games out of the division? Crazy

Okay, do the math. What record would the Angels have to have in the remainder of the season to catch and pass the Astros for the division lead if they play .500 ball from here on out? 

I liked it more when they were a top four draft lottery team. Moving up to 14th isn't really going to help them next draft. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Okay, do the math. What record would the Angels have to have in the remainder of the season to catch and pass the Astros for the division lead if they play .500 ball from here on out? 

I liked it more when they were a top four draft lottery team. Moving up to 14th isn't really going to help them next draft. 

39-22

Game wasn't televised by MLB Extra Innings and I've been out all day doing errands and converting Canadian 'money' to U.S. $200. Canadian = $140. U.S.  Cash isn't used much, but it's good to have for certain situations. Using Canadian debit cards are convoluted. Credit cards work but I use cash for small things. 

No wonder my vacations are getting pricier by the year. But this isn't the place to get political! 

But certainly it is to complain about umpires and the strike zone. Reading earlier comments today I see it was a factor again. Just about every game there are glaring missed calls. You accept the close ones, but it seems more and more bad misses are common. Maybe it's the late breaking pitches to some degree, but often it's on more trackable pitches. They need to fix this for the integrity of the game. At the least, with challenges. Robo umps down the road. 

Nice to see the sweep. Always enjoyable to win on the road against a playoff desperate team. These underdogs haven't given up and play with some pride. Credit Washington for slowly tweaking the culture. 

Tough about Trout. At 33 with a long history of recent injuries he at least needs to come back, try and get in a baseball rhythm and give some optimism that he will be ready for next year. Very unlikely he gets close to his career pace, but he still can be a good power hitter. And maybe part time DH/corner outfielder. Center seems like more of a risk with his bad legs. 

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Trust me I did too. Hope they don’t decide to hold/buy this upcoming 10 days or whatever it is. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Not to mention they have to pass SEVEN teams just to be the 3rd WC, because they aren’t catching the Cheaters in the AL West.   It ain’t happening.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

39-22

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'd rather still win than lose. Don't want any of that loser mentality around the club in any season. My only real concern about all the winning is that it might persuade our GM or Arte NOT to sell this deadline.