• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Where Trout

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

This dude should never play another game in the OF. Honestly he might not be able to anyway after this injury.

Oh, he'll be fine in the OF. 

Has he ever gotten hurt fielding? Always seems to be when he's running the bases.

Just can't give him shit, can't push him right now if he's not feeling ready.

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Back surgery? Yikes, that sucks. I hope she’s doing well. 

@Jason, this is her 5th surgery in a row after getting taken out by a student over two years ago. She had both knees, both hands and 3 vertebrae fused in her lower spine.

It's been non stop hell. She has two more months with a back brace 24/7 then at least 3 months after that where she can't air travel. Total recovery time is a year for everything to permanently heal. 

It is so fucked up we have three @cals clones working three different lawyers suits. 

59 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

No disrespect but I think a 32 year old professional athlete with medical personnel at his disposal is going to have a slightly different recovery process than a 65 year old overweight (per cals) man. 

For age 65 I showed no arthritis or other degrading of the knee. The surgeon was surprised and said it looked cleaner than guys in their 40's. He's just the HMO surgeon in the network.

My wife had Dr Kharrazi out of Beverly Hills that does all of the Lakers in the Kerlan Jobe network. Big posters in his office and hall of him with Kobe and other players. Her rehab was through the Kerlan Jobe network. 

I'm hopping around fine, she still has bad knee days and that's because when you look at her surgery pics of her meniscus tear compared to mine, I had a small tear with fraying, hers looked like someone detonated a hand grenade in there.

We have no idea what Trout's meniscus looked like inside his knee. So no timetable can really be put on his return. 

44 minutes ago, Blarg said:

@Jason, this is her 5th surgery in a row after getting taken out by a student over two years ago. She had both knees, both hands and 3 vertebrae fused in her lower spine.

It's been non stop hell. She has two more months with a back brace 24/7 then at least 3 months after that where she can't air travel. Total recovery time is a year for everything to permanently heal. 

It is so fucked up we have three @cals clones working three different lawyers suits. 

That’s terrible and I wish her the best. I’m 51 and never had surgery before, thankfully. I can’t imagine having that much to go through. Then there’s the mental trauma from being assaulted like that. Hopefully she can find some sort of peace through all this.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That’s terrible and I wish her the best. I’m 51 and never had surgery before, thankfully. I can’t imagine having that much to go through. Then there’s the mental trauma from being assaulted like that. Hopefully she can find some sort of peace through all this.

I'm hoping for a large settlement. That will at least buy a nicer retirement. 

Just a reality that the Angels start thinking about Life after Trout.   Sure he'll be around, but for how long and what capacity doesn't appear reliable at the moment.  On the later side of 30 now.   Real rebuild starts now.

Might as well release Rendon and develop younger talent.

4 hours ago, budice0 said:

Just a reality that the Angels start thinking about Life after Trout.  

If they didn't start that two or three years ago, they are incompetent. 

So... yeah, they probably haven't. 

4 hours ago, Justin said:

If they didn't start that two or three years ago, they are incompetent. 

So... yeah, they probably haven't. 

I suspect that Adell was the CF of the future a few years ago.

On 7/23/2024 at 8:19 PM, CaliAngel said:

Oh, he'll be fine in the OF. 

Has he ever gotten hurt fielding? Always seems to be when he's running the bases.

2017 - torn thumb ligament while sliding

2018 - right wrist inflammation 

2019 - missed end of season with nagging foot injury

2021 - calf strain running the bases

2022 - pulled from game with back spasms and missed 30 games

2023 - broken hand while hitting

2024 - says he doesn't know when/how he tore it

2 of his 7 injuries are linked to running the bases

On 7/23/2024 at 8:24 PM, Blarg said:

this is her 5th surgery in a row after getting taken out by a student over two years ago.

Sorry about this.  I don't know this story.  How was she "taken out by a student"?

On 7/23/2024 at 8:24 PM, Blarg said:

That's not good.  Just another reminder you never know what other people are going through.  Wishing your wife a full recovery.

15 hours ago, m0nkey said:

2017 - torn thumb ligament while sliding

2018 - right wrist inflammation 

2019 - missed end of season with nagging foot injury

2021 - calf strain running the bases

2022 - pulled from game with back spasms and missed 30 games

2023 - broken hand while hitting

2024 - says he doesn't know when/how he tore it

2 of his 7 injuries are linked to running the bases

My point was more directed to folks who think he shouldn't play in the outfield anymore.

He tends to get injured when he's on the offensive side of things (including, but not limited to running the bases), so based off his injury history, permanently DHing him might not be the solution to prevent him from future injuries. 

29 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

My point was more directed to folks who think he shouldn't play in the outfield anymore.

He tends to get injured when he's on the offensive side of things (including, but not limited to running the bases), so based off his injury history, permanently DHing him might not be the solution to prevent him from future injuries. 

I think you're right. Have any of his injuries been from playing the field? Sitting on a bench for 95% probably means he'll be more injury prone for the 5% he's actually playing. So I say left field and a new yoga-centered training regime is the best we can do. But he needs to cut the shit with pushing monster truck tires and whatever he's been doing.